• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

VCF East 6.0 announcement

EvanK

VCFed Founder
No details yet, but VCF East 6.0 will be Sept. 12-13 this year, once again at the InfoAge Science Center, located in Wall, New Jersey.

- Evan

>:/
Seriously now. These need to be a little closer to me. Vancouver might be nice. ;)

Anyways, I can't wait to hear about what will be there this year.

There is suppose to be a Midwest show this year, waiting to hear for sure. The East show has grown into a very nice event. I should be there again this year and I recomend anybody who is into old computers or wants to learn about them to go!

Vince

Yeah, I hear it will be in the windy city, that's 5 hours from me, not too bad.

Vince

NeXt, if you can make it as far as Saskatoon, Kaypro and I have been tossing around the crazy idea of a road trip...lol. Meet us here and we'll continue on :) I need to square that idea away with my wife yet, but...

One of the (many!) good things about VCF East is that our venue itself is part of the history of technology. Read all about it at http://infoage.org/history.html ... note that this page was created BEFORE we knew about all the computer history that also happened here! The venue is also less than 90 minutes from both Manhattan and Philadelphia, and less than an hour from Atlantic City. So anyone coming from far away should consider making a vacation out of it.

VCFe 6.0

VCFe 6.0

Awwww rats... once again the VCF east is gonna be late enough in the year where college interferes. I guess I'm one of the few people who want to attend these things at my age.

I enjoyed it so much when I visited for 4.0, but 5.0 happened to be right when I was in an important part of the school year... I mean, heck, I would love to exhibit somewhere down the line, if I have the time to go...

16?

16?

Me? Naw, 18 actually. I visited VCF east 4.0 when I was 16- that was fun.
I guess you guys don't hear of too many younger retro computer geeks. But that's another discussion, for another forum section...

Each month a respectable number of teen/college students visit the MARCH computer museum at Info Age (also where they've had the VCF E for the past few years). Our computer club also has student-aged members who participate regularly.

If anything, me being 97 years old is an exception, but I still can dance.

Bill

VCF East 6.0 exhibit registration now open

VCF East 6.0 exhibit registration now open

Go here: http://www.vintage.org/2009/east/exhibit.php to register for VCF East 6.0 exhibits.

It's okay if you only have a general idea of your exhibit right now. You can always fill in some more details later. However for the VCF's advertising / marketing purposes, it is MUCH better to sign up sooner rather than later! People who sign up sooner will also have dibs on the best booth locations.

- Evan

PS - Please send me a private message or email (evan@snarc.net) if you find any mistakes, have questions, want to be a VCF event volunteer (free admission!), etc.

Vintage Computer Music Concert @ VCF East

Vintage Computer Music Concert @ VCF East

This is a first for ANY edition of the vcf .... this year we're hosting a vintage computer / vintage chip live concert, thanks to our friends at 8static and the Philadelphia Hacktory. Those groups are sending four audio/visual artists, who'll also be joined by MARCH's Bill Degnan playing his TTL theremin. Bill will also perform the warm-up act of "Fool on the Hill" via an Altair 8800 and radio (a la the Homebrew Computer Club performance in 1975, which was duplicated by Erik Klein at VCF California in 2005.)

The 8static guys also signed up for an exhibit booth, where they'll teach people all the musical tricks!

Details of VCF still being posted at http://www.vintage.org/2009/east/index.php.

Any more info on VCF Midwest?

It's a little further than the wife normally lets me wander, but with a little time to work on her I might be able to pull it off!

It'd should only take about 3-4 months of begging. That and clearing off the honey-do list!

If I can swing it, might bring up the CC-40 collection. May be static, but IF I can get the time, might try to work a running demo with the PCIF, hexbus floppy drive and a portable host computer.

Curtis

Back