• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

VCF Southeast in 2023?

RDuckey

Now that I am retired, I find that I have the time to attend events such as VCF weekends. Unfortunately I cannot justify an $800 weekend trip to the Jersey Shore for the hope of hoarding more out of date tech. I was not able to attend the VCF event in Atlanta last year, but would love to go in 2023.

I have not found mention of such a gathering this summer. Is one planned? Perhaps it would be in conjunction with the Southern Fried Gaming Expo that is scheduled to run July 28-30?

I believe that is the idea, that it will piggyback on the Southern Fried Gaming Expo again like it did last year.

The VCFSE is run by the Atlanta Historical Computing Society: Per their mailing list, the last I have heard things are still in the planning stages.

It was a pretty good show last year. I've been doing an exhibit with them each year. Lots to see and lots of people to talk to.

There's going to be one in Dallas, being held in one of the UTD buildings, the weekend of June 25, if I remember right. You can order tickets for it now, I believe.

VCF Southeast is again going to be held as part of the Southern Fried Gaming Expo:

July 28-30, 2023
Atlanta, GA – Marriott Renaissance Waverly

This was announced on the ANTIC podcast, in the last episode.

- Alex

VCF Southeast is again going to be held as part of the Southern Fried Gaming Expo:

July 28-30, 2023
Atlanta, GA – Marriott Renaissance Waverly

This was announced on the ANTIC podcast, in the last episode.

- Alex
Ok, so I got the name wrong - the SouthWest conference is in Dallas. It's strange that it's not listed in the events pull-down; they only show the SouthEast conference taking place last year.

Will there be a separate registration for VCFSE exhibits?

I had exhibited at the inaugural event in 2013 (the one at the old CompUSA) and am hoping to bring the Pittsburgh Classic Mac Lab south for that weekend, returning after a decade-long hiatus. I can't find any sort of registration page though...anyone know who to contact?

Back