• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

VCF Swap Meet in Wall, NJ

arkaxow

Administrator
Announcing our second Vintage Computer Federation Swap Meet!
Last year's Swap Meet was very successful so ... we are doing it again!

DATE: April 24, 2021 (RAIN DATE: April 25, 2021)
TIME: 8AM to 2PM
ADDRESS:
Parking Lot on Monmouth Boulevard, Wall, NJ
Across from Infoage Museum and Brookdale College
GPS location: https://goo.gl/maps/m1AAS4UUziGXnoPeA ( 40.1848793,-74.0630848 )
EMAIL: swapmeet@vcfed.org
PHONE: 732-722-5015

Cost is per space. First space is $20, each additional space is $10.
You can park in your space and sell out of your vehicle.

SEND PAYMENT TO: paypal@vcfed.org (FRIENDS AND FAMILY OPTION)
Write in the note section:
[your name]
VCF Swap Meet 4/24/2021
Number of spaces:

SWAP MEET SIGNUP: https://forms.gle/kNCL8WVxTQcnw5nA6

* Reservation doesn't guarantee sales.
* The Vintage Computer Federation is only providing a space, vendors must bring their own tables, tents, cars.
* In case of inclement weather, money paid will be refunded.
* All items that you bring must be taken with you. No items are to be left behind.
* Port-o-potty on site.

The Swap Meet was a huge success! The weather was perfect again, there were plenty of vendors and customers and great deals!
I had a great time, my second time as a vendor and look forward to more VCF events!

From the pictures I saw on FB, etc. it looked like a lot of great stuff at realistic prices. Probably good it was so far away, or I'd probably have that Sun E3500 at my house! :)

The meet was a success for me. I was able to free my basement of a lot of old hardware, books, and trade show swag. The only problem is that I found even more last weekend. Now I have to wait for the fall meet.

Had a blast. I think this needs to be a quarterly event!

Or maybe 3x a year plus the VCF East Expo...

I went and it was awesome meeting everyone! I'm trying to figure out how to get more involved. Any suggestions? Any ways to get live updates on things going on? I'd love to be of help with moving buildings, etc.

Will there be another swap meet in Wall NJ before years end? I missed the one in may and the weather is good in the fall.

This is my first post. By chance I ran into some VCF guys at Applebees in Ocean Twp. I am looking forward to attending VCF East and hope to get more involved with the vintage computer community. I go by Vincent GD on Facebook and have been a frequent poster in Low End Mac trying to get an old StarMax Mac clone working. I recently brought my old IBM ThinkPad T22 back to life and look forward to more projects in the future.

Hello an welcome! North Jersey huh. Pretty close to a bunch of us members. And dont worry, we wont hold the fact that you use facebook against you.. Much.

What machines do you have or are you a fan of?

Hello an welcome! North Jersey huh. Pretty close to a bunch of us members. And dont worry, we wont hold the fact that you use facebook against you.. Much.

What machines do you have or are you a fan of?

Yes, Morris County. I created a Facebook account just for the groups. Vincent GD is actually my middle name and then GD are my initials. I need to stay somewhat anonymous because of my job. Low End Mac on Facebook has been a huge help. I never disassembled a computer until this summer. I am relativity mechanically inclined or at least not mechanically inept lol. I plan on learning soldering soon. I blame YouTube for getting me into this! LGR, Action Retro, 8-Bit Guy, Mac84. I just like them all!

My vintage machines are:
IBM T22- This was my main computer throughout college. I bought it refurbished and installed XP right away. It used to run very very very hot. It sat in a closet for over 10 years until recently. I wiped the drive and installed Windows 98 and updated drivers. It runs great now and doesn't get hot. Granted I haven't run anything really taxing on it yet. I cleaned it up and installed a new CMOS battery. If the overheating is still an issue I will take it apart and replace the thermal pad (I don't think these used paste- I could be wrong).

iBook G3 Dual USB 500mhz- I planned on this being my only purchase...That didn't last. I bought this over the summer. I wanted something that ran Mac OS 9. The school system I went thorough was an Apple district. The first computer I ever used was a Mac LC I believe or a Macintosh 2. I also used Apple 2, Classic Macintosh's, All in one Performa's and iMacs by high school. I wanted to relive those yers and use some of the programs I remembered.

PowerBook G4- This runs both OS 9 and OS X 10.4. This computer has been a godsend for setting up drives on my classic Macs. It was upgraded to a SSD by the previous owner.

Motorola StarMax 4000/160 DT- This was given to me by a former Motorola employee. He called it a prototype, but I think it was a pre-production unit or even a production unit that was used as a demonstrator in his local office. I took this completely apart and cleaned everything up. Replaced the PRAM battery and have been working on getting a SSD to work. That has been a lot of trial and error but I finally got it to work. I am going to install the max RAM on this and a FireWire/ USB PCI card. I also want to find a video card for this. I am thinking of a ATI 128MB card, but I have to find one that will work with this. I still need to research it.

My first computer was a no brand name family computer. I believe it was a Pentium II 233 with 33mb of ram if I remember correctly. It ran Windows 98. In my personal and work life I always used Windows- though I did briefly own a eMac that was a floor model. It just didn't fit my need at the time as I needed a laptop and wanted Window's for compatibility purposes.

My current daily driver is a Dell E6430. I LOVE that computer. It is a workhorse. I also have a first gen SurfaceGo and I just bought a MacBook Air M1. I don't think I would have bought one if it weren't for my recent interest in vintage macs. I find myself using the MacBook often. Though, I like my Dell with dual monitors for writing and work related tasks. The MacBook is my "fun" machine.
I like my SurfaceGo, but the battery life is awful and lockdowns meant I didn't really need something so portable. I also was pissed that it won't run Windows 11. Especially, since it is so new. My MacBook is just so easy to carry around and use anywhere.

The VSF East Swapmeet in April 2024 is no longer on the main website. Has it been canceled or is this a clerical error?

There was always a swapmeet right before or right after vcfeast so saying they are busy wouldnt be accurate.

Not a fan of the consignments as you cant talk to the seller and you cant haggle or group purchases.

Back