• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

VCF Swap Meet @ Wall Township, New Jersey, October 8th

Anyone care to share what they bought or sold today? Wish I could have been there!

i got a cga/rgb monitor which ended up having a broken neck when i looked at it at home. its a bummer but I only paid $15.00 other thsn thst lots of random things.

I think Im gonna try a CRT swap on it.

Oh and a horribly gross and filthy trs80 coco 1 which looks like it must have been outside a while. Its missing the keyboard. It was on the free rack.and since I just sold my coco 1 a month ago im now inclined to fix this one up.

There was a Wang 2200 system for sale which is something your not going to see often. An Hp 85 that i overheard several perspective buys try to haggle. A nice Amiga 2000 deaktop and 4000 tower. An An osborne executive which sold.3 minutes after I looked at it for a a steal of a price.. still kicking myself for that one.. It was a beautiful day for a swap meet.

picked up a Zenith Z-171, which I already tested, and works.
Nice - all I can think of is IRS agents toting them around when I seem one. Never seen one in person. Seems like a cool machine to play around with. Glad it works.

Got an original Model B raspberry pi for $5.00. You know the first one withe the composite out (why they got rid of that annoys me) Anyway earlier this year when raspberry Pi's were completely unavailable I sold my last model B on ebay since the prices were selling too high to pass up. And This one works so Thats a good buy. Maybe I will build that S-100 raspberry PI card with it.

Got an original Model B raspberry pi for $5.00
Nice score -- I was hoping Pi inventory was back as I hadn't been paying attention for awhile, but wow, looked the other day and everything is still out. I got a Pi 4 some time back, so I'm good for now, but geez, everything still cleared out.

osborne executive which sold.3 minutes after I looked at it for a a steal of a price
Very cool, not something I would have expected to see. It kinda amazes me when I see an Osborne. I have an Osborne 1A I picked up locally, and then also found a parts machine locally too which I used the monitor from since mine wasn't working. But don't expect that many to be kicking around.

Well there were 3 osborne 1's at the swapmeet. I bought a broken one for $40.00 so thats a pretty fair price. But an executive! I cant believe I didnt buy it... That was a keeper.

$40 for a broken Osborne seems like a great price. I don't recall how much I paid for my parts Osborne, it was from a guy selling military surplus out of his house in not-the-best neighborhood down near the Philadelphia airport. 🤪

sometimes you gotta leave your comfort zone to find a good deal.. and other times pass them on if it just doesnt feel right. One guy contacted me to get 2 free 5154 ega ibm monitors in an abandoned building "he purchased" in a particularly murder-y part of a bad city.. I passed.

I am pretty right in assuming I was gonna met mugged and murdered..... I grew up in a bad area.. I try not to ever go back to places like that... Things dont change. Life is too short.

@ajacocks Alex I notice the next swapmeet is posted
Didnt we have one this year April? Any reason we cant have another before June? The more swapmeets the better I think but I assume I am unaware of all the factors.

Maybe the organizers for June 10 Swap Meet can start a new thread about it.
So far the only way I found it was through this old thread.

Back