• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

The South VCF XT-FDC Modifications

Covers: Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and West Viriginia.
When I built mine years ago, I found a 37 pin connecter that had longer reach (wider footprint) that allowed it to reach the card bracket. I just left the 34 pin header off and installed the larger than normal 37 pin connector over it. I'll see if I can find the one that I ordered. I might even have a spare laying around.

Greg

Greg:

Thank you, I would greatly appreciate the information. I have built two cards that I would like to add external connectors.

Jimmy

Greg:

Not knowing much about electronics or anything else for that matter.
After researching I believe what you used was a 37 pin connector with a point .59" footprint rather than the standard .318".

The part number is NorComp Inc 182-037-213R161 D-Sub Connector.

Thank you again, I had no idea there were other options.

Jimmy

I got the manufacturer and part number wrong. It's 745996-4 - AMP - 37PIN FEMALE DSUB RIGHT ANGLE
I sourced all my parts from Mouser.. They do seem to be backordered on the 37 pin DSUB until January... I used an L77SDC37SA4CH4F Amphenol

I got the manufacturer and part number wrong. It's 745996-4 - AMP - 37PIN FEMALE DSUB RIGHT ANGLE
Yep, that looks like the correct part. Unfortunately, looks like it's not in stock :-( I'll dig through my spare parts sometime soon to see if I can find one. No promises. I'm still working on trying to complete a remodel of my house. My vintage computer stuff is stashed upstairs and it's kind of a mess!

Greg

Last edited:
Back