• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

VERY well kept vintage (working!) Motorola EXORset 35 to sell

nevadaOZman

As a retired EE and original owner, I have a working and VERY CLEAN Motorola "EXORset 35" (6809 based), complete with full original documentation and multiple System disks. Has lived in my electronics lab so has never been subjected to the elements or dusty environments, etc!
I would like to sell it so it might go/get into a working museum or collectors hands for the benefit of educational and historical technology.
As mentioned, it is working (I was on it in December '21), both drives read & write. Overall the unit is in great condition (the inside too!) - you'll not find another in better condition... and likely my ‘35 is the only one (functional) around anywhere – so please appreciate it IS actually a rare item.

Moto original discs:
1982 M6809 SOFTWARE DISC 82SET35SYS G* EXORset 35 XDOS/CRT EDTR/RASMS
1982 M6809 SOFTWARE DISC 82SET35BAS D* EXORset 35 BASIC
1982 M6809 SOFTWARE DISC 82SET35AUX A* EXORset 35 AUXILLARY
1984 M6809 SOFTWARE DISC8 2X0UBASME A* 6800/01/(701) CROSS ASSEMBLER 1.0 OBJECT ON EXORSET

Moto original documents:
M68SETD35/D1 EXORSET DS35M DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM USERS MANUAL
M68SETEDITORM(D1) EXORSET CRT EDITOR REFERENCE MANUAL
M68XDOS4/S2 SUPPLEMENT TO EXORSET XDOS OPERATING SYSTEM USERS MANUAL
MSETPLOT1(D1) EXORSET 30 PLOT 1 USERS GUIDE
M68LLD(D4) MDOS LINKING LOADER REFERENCE MANUAL
M68LLD(A1) ADDENDUM TO MDOS LINKING LOADER REFERENCE MANUAL M68LLD(D4)
M68MASR(D2) MACRO ASSEMBLERS REFERENCE MANUAL 6800/6801/6805/6809
M68MASR(A5) ADDENDUM TO 6800/6801/6805/6809 MACRO ASSEMBLERS REFERENCE MANUAL M68MASR(D2)
M6809BASMR/D1 M6809 BASIC-M INTERACTIVE COMPILERS USERS MANUAL
MEX6801(D3) MC6801 SUPPORT SYSTEM USERS GUIDE
MSET30DOS(D1) EXORSET 30 XDOS OPERATING SYSTEM USERS GUIDE
M68SETPRC/D1 EXORSET PROGRAMMING "CARD" (SPIRAL BOUND PLASTICIZED FLIP-CARD SET)

Hand Copies of other original discs:
MOTOROLA MASTER BACKUP DISC 1 and DISC 2
Basic M
RASM/RASM05/RASM09
6809 SOFTWARE TRANSFER COMMANDS
EXORSET BOOTABLE XDOS 4.13 SYS RASM/RASM05/RASM09
PLOT.CM
XDOS PLOT + MISC + SELF TEST
BASIC M 4.2 DISC 1 AND DISC 2
XDOS CRT EDITOR + SELF TEST

Tertiary:
Have a number of never used/unused discs [which are included free] and a few used (but near new) erased discs.
I also have a *large* assortment of vintage IC chips (support/memory/CPU/I/O, etc - literally hundreds of dollars worth, with many no longer made - which I will also give the buyer [gratis].

👤The reason I'm selling this beauty is I have to downsize my lab to what I use most often.
(y)BTW: For the tech's and engineers: The filter caps appear to be in great shape (no leaks/bulges/dings/distortion/etc/etc). Since I hadn't run the 35 in a few years I went through a slow scheduled/methodical cap reconditioning/reforming cycle [over 2 day period] before applying full power to the 35 to insure ALL the caps were indeed without issue.
(y)FYI: I also replaced the fan filter [foam], but turns out I didn't really need to. The original was fine but a little weak. I'll send it with the unit so you can see how clean it was! (pic #2 is the inside view)
👁️ NOTE: Generally, the left drive is the USER drive, the right is the SYSTEM drive. (ref: pic #1)

If interested I invite you to reach out.

EXORset35.JPGINSIDE VIEW.JPG

Attachments

• EXORset35.JPG
    EXORset35.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: ACK
That is one hell of a machine. I would love to add that to my collection of obscure machines, but I'm pretty much out of play money for the next few months and even the shipping (or trip to pick it up) is beyond my means currently.

I hope it finds a good home, it definitely deserves one.

That is one hell of a machine. I would love to add that to my collection of obscure machines, but I'm pretty much out of play money for the next few months and even the shipping (or trip to pick it up) is beyond my means currently.

I hope it finds a good home, it definitely deserves one.

Hello sir, Yes it is! It will be difficult to see "her" leave. Wow... looked all over this site but as a relatively new member I can't figure out how to DM you, so please ref: e d e s i g n 5 2 @ h o t m a i l . c o m <I added spaces but there are no spaces in reality. Thank you for your kind comment. I was taken by your obvious tech-savviness and personal authenticity and propose we chat further about a new home for my EXORset 35... yours. I'm not in a rush to sell "her" and would consider any legit offer (which could include staged remuneration) (to PayPal)... like a scheduled layaway plan. I desire a *good* home and owner for my '35 and you appear to be such a person so I'm quite willing to work with you - if you are of like mind. Please let me know your (serious) thoughts.

I asked the OP to post some pictures of the machine with a note that has the date and their zip code on it, in order prove they actually have the machine. They complied, which is awesome! Thanks @nevadaOZman for humoring me on this.

Curious if this could run CP/M. Not alot of info on google, in any case one helluva beautiful machine. (y)

It is unlikely to run CP/M - as it is a system from Motorola and I don’t see any reference in the posts to a CPU that could be used to run CP/M.

But this is just an educated guess...

Flex and/or OS/9 would be a possibility for the adventurous...

Dave

Back