• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

VESA FEATURE is the FUTURE

EverythingIBM

Experienced Member
Alright, I have this old IBM 300GL (pentium 1).
-->on that note, pentium 1 PC 300s don't seem to be so common anymore, which is a shame as they're the only good PC 300s as far as I'm concerned.

Anyways, this old 300GL, like all IBM computers, has a schematic sticker on the underside of the chassis cover. Now I never noticed it before, but reading a bit closely, I realized they wrote "VESA FUTURE" instead of VESA FEATURE. That's quite amusing.

So remember, IBM says VESA local bus feature connectors are the future...

Just curious, do you have a picture of this label? I would love to go show this to people at school that know about computers to see if they even know what VESA is...probably not :p.

This remembers me a funny 486 motherboard, the second IDE port was labeled : SECONDRAY IDE.

Maybe this was a prototype of a militar board, with onboard laser controlling features.

SECOND RAY In DevelopEment.

I have working in a Gateway Solo laptop, a Wirless card. That's not a typo, but on the underside of the card, it says in bold letters, "Wirless Card." Another intentional funny is the Cow chip on some Ensoniq cards found in Gateway 2000 computers. I currently have one in the P5-100.

Now I never noticed it before, but reading a bit closely, I realized they wrote "VESA FUTURE" instead of VESA FEATURE. That's quite amusing.

I guess it does sound a little strange, but I imagine it was meant as an abbreviation of "VESA connector for future expansion", or something to that effect... and in that context it makes perfect sense.

I guess it does sound a little strange, but I imagine it was meant as an abbreviation of "VESA connector for future expansion", or something to that effect... and in that context it makes perfect sense.

The manual correctly states it as "VESA feature", so it was definitely unintentional. Quite hilarious.

Just curious, do you have a picture of this label? I would love to go show this to people at school that know about computers to see if they even know what VESA is...probably not :p.

I don't have a camera of any sorts, I should probably get one though. It would be nice to share these things around.

Back