• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

"VGA Legacy" - collection of graphic cards

IBMMuseum

Veteran Member
Looking to see visitors to my site, I came across this: http://www.vgamuseum.info

Set it back to 8 and 16-bit ISA to see older cards...

I'm also getting strange hits on the Dallas RTC rework pages...

I really liked the comparision of the various video cards. It's a great resource. Thanks.

They weren't siphoning pictures (which are the best component of that site to me), it must have been for looking over data and diagrams...

I've had others hook into pictures I have done, I've marked one as "Stolen Image", maybe I need something more shocking...

I just have to say, that after reading through the above posts 10 times, I still don't think it's English. Something is missing. Did some key statement get erased by mistake?

I've had others hook into pictures I have done, I've marked one as "Stolen Image", maybe I need something more shocking...
What you do is quite simple. You put a picture with shock value, or text, or both, with the name of the picture that is being linked to. For your own site, you just rename the picture you want there. I've heard of some hilarious situations where that was done - one was a picture being used without consent by a prominent political campaign. You can imagine the rest.

I just have to say, that after reading through the above posts 10 times, I still don't think it's English. Something is missing. Did some key statement get erased by mistake?

What you do is quite simple. You put a picture with shock value, or text, or both, with the name of the picture that is being linked to. For your own site, you just rename the picture you want there. I've heard of some hilarious situations where that was done - one was a picture being used without consent by a prominent political campaign. You can imagine the rest.

You guessed it, I wasn't elaborating enough. Maybe I shouldn't worry too much, but it is my IP being used without being asked. My site shows bandwidth stats, but doesn't bill for it.

Stupid question - what is your site? Everytime I've visited ibmmuseum.com, I get an "under construction" page and a link to the MCA Mafia. I know from other posts that you've made that you have pages setup, but no "home" or "index" page? Do you have it setup to only "work" if one uses Google to search your site for particular keywords?

So I see you do not have a picture of the 8-bit IBM VGA card?
You can use mine if you want.
ibmvga.jpg

Stupid question - what is your site? Everytime I've visited ibmmuseum.com, I get an "under construction" page and a link to the MCA Mafia. I know from other posts that you've made that you have pages setup, but no "home" or "index" page? Do you have it setup to only "work" if one uses Google to search your site for particular keywords?

It's rather under-developed. Much of the content is from Louis Ohland - I provided a directory to him unfettered. Occasionally I still come across broken links in his pages that I try to correct, but I don't edit otherwise.

I have envisioned to have a root portal on the site (perhaps a link in to Louis's material would be good for the moment), with the pages on vintage systems not very complex in browser requirements or display (monochrome or low color depth diagrams). Louis didn't have much interest in documenting more of the older IBM PC/XT/AT (and standard adapters), but I do, probably in much the same format he has done. Point taken, it is time to progress further with plans.

Back