• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

VIC 20 low serial number and some circuit boards to ID please

jacko5537

Hello all

I recently picked up a VIC 20 and Commodore 64 at a Jumble Trail in the UK (US version - Yard Sale) both appear to be fairly low serial numbers, I was wondering if this made them more collectible (or not?) They also came with a number of carts and books etc. But also 3 circuit boards. I was also wondering if someone could give me some advice on what these boards would be used for.

Many thanks for all your help.

Attachments

• IMG_5995.JPG
    IMG_5995.JPG
    470.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5998.JPG
    IMG_5998.JPG
    313.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6001.JPG
    IMG_6001.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6002.JPG
    IMG_6002.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6003.JPG
    IMG_6003.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
First Off welcome to the forum! You may want to make a formal introduction of yourself under the "introductions" area of the forum. Also changing your avatar to display where on the globe you are would be a big help.

I Couldnt tell you how to decipher the European serial numbers but taking a photo of the tops of the unit showing the keyboards and badges would give a rough idea of when they were made.
Also having West Germany on the badge is a cool selling point.

both appear to be fairly low serial numbers
These serial numbers only refer to the factory in Germany (WG B = West Germany, Braunschweig). They are probably not as early as they look therefore.

I would assume most Commodores in Britain and the rest of Europe would be slightly behind on the commodore offerings, but I could be wrong.

But those other cards and extenders seem very interesting. One looks like a solid state drive using SRAM.

Back