• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Vintage boards & computers

You are definitely in the right place...

What you need to do is list your items and please post pictures.

It would be greatly helpful if you would state where you are, so other members can get a feel for what shipping costs might be.

Since you are brand new here, you will probably be blocked from private messages until you have made some small number of posts, so you should be attentive to posts here in your thread, and post up answers to whatever questions get asked as quickly as you can.

Welcome on board! I look forward to hearing and seeing what you have to offer.

smp

S100 collection

S100 collection

Thanks for the reply!

The list is fairly extensive but I will get to it right away.

To answer your question as to where I am, I am in British Columbia now but will be traveling by RV down the west coast all the way to San Diego during the next 2 weeks.

Brian

Mystery board kit

Mystery board kit

I have a mystery for someone to solve! I have a "factory sealed" Cromemco board kit that I cannot identify. If I open the package to see what it is it won't be "factory sealed". Can anyone identify it from the limited views in the attached jpegs.2016-10-14 08.58.47.jpg2016-10-14 08.58.51.jpg2016-10-14 08.59.17.jpg2016-10-14 09.00.05.jpg

Can you read the numbers off the memory chip? The reflection off the plastic bag stops me from seeing that. I think I saw 20+ RAM chips so it might well have 36 in the bag. With 16k chips, that means it would be a 64k memory board.
Can't help you with finding the model number of the kit.

A list and Pictures of Computer items for sale

A list and Pictures of Computer items for sale

S-100 Item Inventory.
To access pictures of the items I have for sale, follow this link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u59xktookrwwr65/AABh8HaCF--BF_UBK65eloa7a?dl=0

None of these items has been tested
Boards
• Cromemco 8K Bytesaver
• MITS MPU-A
• Imsai PIC8

Computers
• Kaypro 4 – Boots up but no software. Missing 2 keytops and keyboard cable. The case has a number of marks and scratches.
• Samsung S5000 – Boots up, no software. The screen is dim but that may be adjustable once the unit boots into CP/M.
• Alspa ACI-2 self contained, 2 - 8” drives and 3 serial ports. Just add a terminal and a printer.

SOL computers – Not tested as I have no monitor
• SOL #1 – Case has large scratch on top, keyboard is missing mounting screws, a few screws are loose or missing from power supply. Black Walnut looks good! 
• SOL #2 – This unit was operating when taken out of service many years ago. It comes with a Morrow Disk Jockey 2D/B controller and 8” Thunder Toys external floppy system. It also includes a Fulcrum VIO-X video board, a Godbout EconoRam II memory card and an Extensys RM64 memory board.
• SOL #3 – This unit is known to have been working when taken out of service. Contain a Godbout RAM 17 card, a Morrow Disk Jockey and a
• SOL #4 – This unit is complete but has no extra cards.
• 3 - Original Processor Technology binder manuals. Each seems to be a little different from the others.
• PT Pilot on Cassette
• PT Extended Basic on Cassette
• PT Trek80 on Cassette
• PT GamePac
• See pictures I have provided in my link to Dropbox

Other Software
• Altair 8k Basic 3.1 on cassette
• Altair 8k Basic 3.2 on cassette
o (These 2 item were purchased by me directly from MITS)

Publications
Lots of magazines and other early microcomputer related publications:
• 20 Byte magazines from 1975 and 76 and 1 from 84 – 6 of them still have the publishers brown wrapper on them. Also Best of Byte Vol 1 1977
• Dr. Dobbs journal of Computer Calisthenics and Orthodontia – I don’t name them, I just read them! I have a couple of these.
• Best of Faires Vol 4 1979 – Relates to the computer fairs held in San Francisco
• I also have a bunch of Kilobaud, Interface Age, Peoples Computer Company and PC Magazine from that era.

All of this stuff is for sale. Packing and shipping is not a task to which I would look forward. Shipping to the US from Canada is a real hassle. However, I am currently in British Columbia with all of these items but as of Sunday, I am heading down the coast to San Diego in my RV.
If someone is interested in the entire lot, I would consider selling as a package otherwise, I will sell individual items but actual shipping may have to be delayed for a few months unless it is something I can deliver or ship on my trip.

I live in Riverside, CA, which might be along your route. And, I think I just got my first empty S-100 card cage within the last half hour, along with a couple of double-sided 8" floppy drives! Pictures here:

http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?54116-Is-this-an-S-100-chassis&p=431866#post431866

I'll need to examine it more carefully tonight to verify if it's really an S-100 cage, but if it is, then I would like to get my hands on an S-100 card set to turn it back into a working computer. I plan to study your for-sale list more carefully when I get home from work tonight to see if there might be a match between what you have for sale and what I want to fit out my new maybe-S-100 cage. I'm a bit curious about the SOL gear you have listed, too. I was quite interested by seeing this thread this morning, knowing that I might just be receiving an empty S-100 cage later in the day! ;)

Back