• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Vintage Compaq Collection Vinpaq

Vinpaq

Hi all,

I'm currently busy with collecting Compaq laptops and portables. The collection is limited to the year 2002, after that HP acquired Compaq.
I started this collection because of a Friends episode where Chandler boosts about the specs of a Contura. I decided that I wanted that laptop as well. After buying a few Contura's to build one working version, I got hooked on restoring and collection old Compaq laptops and portables.

On my (work in progress) website I show my collection (all in working condition), add specifications and background information on each model, tell the story and history of Compaq, offer drivers (all of them), manuals and more.
(all for free, this is just my hobby and I will never ask for anything)

For sources I have ex- Compaq employees and Rod Canion, one of the 3 founders.

Here's the link:
www.vinpaq.com

If you have worked for Compaq or know some great stories, please let me know if you want to and I will add them to the website.

My list of Compaq laptops (bigger than what is shown on the website, some still need some work):
Portable Plus
Portable 286
Portable 2
Portable 3
Portable 3 386
SLT 286
LTE 286
SLT 386s/20
LTE Lite/25c
Portable 486/66c
Concerto 25mhz
Concerto 33mhz
LTE ELITE 4/50E
Contura 3/20
Contura 4/25C
Contura 4/25CX
Aero 4/25
Aero 4/33C
Contura 410C
Contura 420C
Contura 430CX
LTE 5000
LTE 5250
Armada 1110
Armada 1130
Armada 1700
Aero 8000
Presario 1400
Armada E500
Presario 700
Evo N600C

my first laptop was the compaq lte 4/33c with full size docking station. I never heard anyone refer to it as an aero before. i dont think that is correct.

That Presario 1400! Incredible. Never saw it before. They must have gotten caught off guard by the iBook success and scrambled.

my first laptop was the compaq lte 4/33c with full size docking station. I never heard anyone refer to it as an aero before. i dont think that is correct.
That's because the LTE 4/33c is a different laptop from an Aero:

Your LTE (lite?) 4/33C
I'm currently trying to buy an LTE 4/##C, very hard to find these days.

That Presario 1400! Incredible. Never saw it before. They must have gotten caught off guard by the iBook success and scrambled.
That laptop is also being used in the serie Friends by Chandler btw, he uses it to screw with the Facebook account of Ross.

That’s a great website you created and an awesome collection. Need to add in that “Miscellaneous” category as I’m sure you have a few docking stations, mice and expansion hardware. And yes, I agree, an LTE Elite 4/75c would be a nice addition and also a Portable 1.

Back