• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Vintage Computer Gear from Topline, Inc.

smp

Veteran Member
I received this e-mail message this afternoon:

Code:
Hello vintage computer enthusiast,

Apologies for the unsolicited email, but as you have purchased DEC / vintage gear from us in the past, we thought you would like to know about the following:

For the past five years or so, we have made a large collection of vintage computing gear available for sale through eBay. The time has now come where we have to make
some decisions that will most likely lead to a liquidation of most vintage computing items we carry. Despite the high precious metal value of many of the items, we'd 
hate to see them get scrapped. Therefore, we are making a push to save them from the smelter or dumpster.

Please head over to

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn=efi&_sacat=11189

and see what we have left. If something is priced out of line, just let us know. 
If buying in large quantities, we will be happy to work with you on pricing and shipping. ((Please be reasonable with your offers.))

Thank you,
Topline, Inc.

There appears to be quite a lot of DEC equipment and documentation available. I'm not sure this will be of interest to anyone, but I want to share this information in case there is any interest.

smp

I received this e-mail message this afternoon:

There appears to be quite a lot of DEC equipment and documentation available. I'm not sure this will be of interest to anyone, but I want to share this information in case there is any interest.

smp

Maybe it's just my perception, but those don't really seem like 'rock bottom prices' that they imply from their 'we'd hate to just scrap this all' email. Also curious what 'high value' metals some of those items can have, like, say, the $51+shipping DEC keyboard or the $100 docking accessory manual (pamphlet?). :) I don't begrudge them their prices, but their email is kind of 'scare tactics' combined with a furniture store going out of business sale (for 10 years) sign.

In any case, thanks for passing this along.

I've bought a lot of my DEC stuff from them and they've always come off as friendly and will typically accept best offers. Anytime I've had an issue they've always been eager to resolve it.

So that being said, I don't know if it's a 'scare tactic' or not, but I've certainly never gotten an email from them like this in the past after buying from them since 2015.

For me, exactly the same experience as DECtechGuy. I've bought a few things from them, including cards and a Qbus chassis. They are indeed quite friendly, have no hangups about shipping to Australia (and actually do some legwork about getting a good shipping rate) and accept reasonable offers.
Personally because of the very good dealings I've had with them, I'm not particularly fussed over the email (I received the same, and immediately went and had a look to see what new stuff they had).

Back