• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Vintage / Normal Computer UP-Cycling

inotarobot

Veteran Member
Ok I started this post in this section on Humor as some will find the images quite comical, and get a GOOD Laugh

OK some may cry as well.. some may curse.

BUT in a way its better use than having our favorite objects going to landfill or recycled into other NON recognizable items, compared to their original form.

Just maybe some of you with WAY to many machines, and a significant other, that want some gone; may get ideas how to Upcycle them and keep them around their home.

Considering the price tags some of these are being asked for, maybe its a good cash flow business on the side of collecting,

Imagine what $'s you could get upcycling a non working Lisa-1 into a cat bed for instance.

dH5HtQY.jpg
7Niz1SQ.jpg

m60WGnV.jpg
pLEWWE7.jpg
z8H55vh.jpg

WwF63qD.jpg

feel free to add more here

above images were found via Google and Pinterest, and I did NOT see any copyright notices

Last edited:
lounging with a pcbs

lounging with a pcbs

OK so you have been collecting circuit boards in hope you can find missing bits or time to test and fix them, and just cannot get the nerve to throw them out.

Well make a chair for your computer cave... But screw them on JUST incase you need to grab one later. Also table to go with it

and look at it this way .. you can more easily see your spare parts if you need them, rather than them being boxed away.

QTtew8q.jpg

d8sHXcQ.jpg
Q1DGE3j.jpg

Last edited:
to each their own and whatever makes one happy, but I dont like the idea of praising this sort of activity as upcycling or saving something from the landfill. The only thing that gets saved is a few ounces of plastic, all the nasty stuff is on fire in a landfill in china

The metals get recycled, cheaper to recycle a ton of circuit boards then to dig up a ton of dirt in a mine. The plastics is what worries me, they end up dumped in the oceans and sea animals eat them and die.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/much-of-americas-e-waste-recycling-is-a-sham

And if you are not aware, its common practice to extract metal from.motherboards by burning them, the resulting mess is then sifted and processed

The plastics on the other hand are more likely to be shredded where they are and sold as collet

I don't want to start a big who what when where recycling vs ecco the dolphin debate, just saying if you want to make some pop art just do so and don't try to attach a possibly false moral agenda to it

Last edited:
to each their own and whatever makes one happy, but I dont like the idea of praising this sort of activity as upcycling or saving something from the landfill. The only thing that gets saved is a few ounces of plastic, all the nasty stuff is on fire in a landfill in china

I do hear you. And actually I was NOT praising it any more than condemming it. I do suggest the comment you made, could better be put into a post by you in the 'Rant" section. I would CONTRIBUTE with that there.

I put this THIS UP-cycling post in the Humor section for just reason !! To let people have a LIGHT hearted laugh at how others see and use, what we take as 'precious vintage computers'.

Please keep it on the Humorous spirit of the topic.

Last edited:
The metals get recycled, cheaper to recycle a ton of circuit boards then to dig up a ton of dirt in a mine. The plastics is what worries me, they end up dumped in the oceans and sea animals eat them and die.

I do hear you. I do suggest the comment you made, could better be put into a post by you in the 'Rant" section. I would CONTRIBUTE with that there.

I put THIS UP-cycling post in the Humor section for just reason !! To let people have a light hearted laugh at how others see and use, what we take as 'precious vintage computers'.

Please keep it on the humorous spirit of this topic.

Last edited:
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/much-of-americas-e-waste-recycling-is-a-sham

And if you are not aware, its common practice to extract metal from.motherboards by burning them, the resulting mess is then sifted and processed

The plastics on the other hand are more likely to be shredded where they are and sold as collet

I don't want to start a big who what when where recycling vs ecco the dolphin debate, just saying if you want to make some pop art just do so and don't try to attach a possibly false moral agenda to it

Ok .. as I have said.. Had I put this in the Rants section, then yes maybe/likely a debate is good there.

It sort of stunned me to have your comments re the recycling and that of attaching a "label/name" or false Moral agenda. I choose the post name "UP-cycling", simply as that's whats the 'web' refers this 'useage per pics so far posted, as.

Can no one just post humor for humor or simply lighthearted nonsense.. maybe that's what is wrong with so much of our human society. They simply cannot simply 'let go of their BARROW and become amused by the way it either tumbles down the hill, or simply sits there. looking back as if to ask. 'why did you stop pushing me ?'

there's a difference tween rant and observation

you stated

BUT in a way its better use than having our favorite objects going to landfill or recycled into other NON recognizable items

I pointed out that most of it is still going into a landfill, and yes I stated if one does this dont try and justify it as some good deed cause point 1

I get its suposta be humor, but it does have a false tone about it

there's a difference tween rant and observation

you stated

I pointed out that most of it is still going into a landfill, lighten up

Yes I see that.. But you only commented on my words.. and NOT on any humorous side of the images.

Did you not even get a moment of chuckle the moment you say them ?

and the english language is so interperative anyways, so maybe I should have just posted images and written nothing. !

Back