• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

VISICALC for Apple IIe

romanon

Veteran Member
Hello there, I would need an original Visicalc from 1979 for my Apple IIe. Where I can donwload some image or something similar? I have only experience from site https://asciiexpress.net/ where i can load programs from site directly to computer through audio cable. I can also load programs to floppy disk and run later without computer.
Unfortunately there is no Visicalc available for use on this site.
Thanks

Thanks, but...how I can load to floppy disk? Can I use normal PC with 5.25" floppy drive?

Apple II doesn't understand PC-formatted disks. Apple II disks are weird Woz-style GCR coding. Maybe the applefans have some advice on how to get from a web-based .DSK file to a real Apple.

ADTPro may be of help for you in this situation. https://adtpro.com/

This is one of the main, if not the standard tool for the job in this case, for getting disk images to a real Apple II.

I have absolutely no idea what i am doing...This (screen) is all I can do. I dont know how to connect or open file VISICALC.DSK with that ADTpro

Attachments

• 313446537_1312186006268206_823531016283051115_n.jpg
    313446537_1312186006268206_823531016283051115_n.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 6
I have absolutely no idea what i am doing...This (screen) is all I can do. I dont know how to connect or open file VISICALC.DSK with that ADTpro
There are a ton of videos on youtube explaing the process you need to take some time and do your research... Its beyond easy and its already extremely well documented.

There are a ton of videos on youtube explaing the process you need to take some time and do your research... Its beyond easy and its already extremely well documented.
This. If you prefer to read, there are plenty of good threads where people ran into issues doing this, which might help you along.

This. If you prefer to read, there are plenty of good threads where people ran into issues doing this, which might help you along.

Ok I did some progress, my fault was I didnt have two cables to operate, first to output and second to input. After this, I was able to access working directory in modern computer. I formatted floppy drive and receive file. But then my success ended. I tried two different notebooks but without any success to receive any file to floppy drive. Here (screen) is all what I can get. It only start cca to 020 and then come back to main screen. I tried visicalc.dsk and also their file ADTPRO-2.1.0.DSK but it was always the same...

Attachments

• IMG_6257.jpg
    IMG_6257.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
Ok I did some progress, my fault was I didnt have two cables to operate, first to output and second to input. After this, I was able to access working directory in modern computer. I formatted floppy drive and receive file. But then my success ended. I tried two different notebooks but without any success to receive any file to floppy drive. Here (screen) is all what I can get. It only start cca to 020 and then come back to main screen. I tried visicalc.dsk and also their file ADTPRO-2.1.0.DSK but it was always the same...
I'm not clear on what it is you're trying to say. It appears that you now having a working connection between the Apple IIe through the audio jacks and that you've attempted the transfer from two different notebook computers. Is this correct? When you say you were able to access a working directory does that mean, on the IIe, that you were able to obtain a directory listing of the ADTPro source directory on the notebooks? If so that confirms a working connection.

By "only start cca to 020" what do you mean by that? Do you mean that if only copies up to block 20 and then returns to the ADTPro screen?

Back