• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Visual Basic

Vlad

I have 2 older versions of Visual Basic and a copy of GW Basic for Tandy if anyone needs them. Other wise the only programming language I could help someone with is Visual Basic .NET 6 (which is about as unvintage as it gets.)
Its been so long since my days of Quick Basic I don't think I can remember how to do any of it. I do want to learn Fortran. If anyone knows any good books on Fortran (that can still be bought. NO EBAY) E-mail or PM me.

-Vlad

I am a VB programmer hobby wise so if anyone needs something small done I might be able to pull it off.....

Re: Visual Basic

"vlad" wrote:

> Its been so long since my days of Quick Basic I don't think I can
> remember how to do any of it. I do want to learn Fortran. If anyone
> knows any good books on Fortran (that can still be bought.

Sorry hope you don't mind the post here.

The Fortran book (based around Fortran 77 - I'm assuming this is the one you mean) I have is "Structured Fortran 77 For Engineers and Scientists", D.M.Etter (ISBN: 0-8053-2520-4). I picked this book up in a Second-Hand Bookshop (this might be your best bet if you after something like this - you might get a Fortran 90 book or something brand new). The book I have is okay - though since Fortran goes back to the good ol' 50s the programs have a COBOL structure to them (I managed to pick up a 'Free' DOS FORTRAN77 compiler at SIMTEL some time back - which can swichoff this structure). There's no actual card structure which shows how the programs should look (and cause it's difficult to work out the spacing).

The book itself has some interesting programs - one of them draws out some wormholey thingy using text! ;-)

CP/M User.

Back