• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

w00p i got a new car!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Chambers

Veteran Member
finally got myself a ride that isn't a junker. i'm excited!:p

it's a 5-speed Mustang GT.

EDIT: it has the 5.0 liter engine :) can't wait to throw some more money into it and get it around 350+ HP

mustang5.jpg

Last edited:
Oooooo baby. Pretty nice. My Camero was close to that paint color. One day "Hey, let's try some of this *wax once a year* stuff!" RIGHT! About 4 months later, the once a year stuff changes color and my wonderful metalic blue Camero is suddenly PURPLE!

Oh well, I'll keep repeating to myself that " I would likely kill myself in one of those GT jobs -- You can't go that fast anyway -- and I get 25.5 mpg with my Toyota Sienna"

i love camaros! i almost bought a 94 Z28 but i got outbid by some j***off with cash in his hand by a couple hundred bucks. i wouldve offered a little more but the guy already sold it.:(

stock vs. stock, a camaro Z28 will always, always dust a mustang GT.

and the camaro SS and mustang cobras are about neck-and-neck.

I drive a 94 Chevy Caprice Classic with the SS V8 Engine, 4.3l LT1 (l99)...

mine needs a new optispark sadly, i barely made it up a hill today!

nice car btw!

Muscle cars suck. What good is 350hp if your car is heavy and can't get around a corner without skidding?

My car weighs barely 2500 pounds, has approx. 215 rwhp, and leaves American V-8s in the dust on an autocross track.

picforvcforum.jpg

Plus everyone knows RED is the best color for a real sports car, although Erik may claim yellow but he's wrong. :)

Hey, Mike and Erik, what's with leaf-springs in the back? HAHAHAHA

Last edited:
A Miata is so cute ... all of the girls love it!

Dude, you know it's a chick car ...

Plus everyone knows RED is the best color for a real sports car
Don't know about you, but my insurance charges way more, if I owned a red car... ;)

I was actually thinking about painting my car, the color of an 94 Impala SS, as it's pretty much the same car as my Caprice.. But, that darker color would make it even hotter in the Florida sun :p

Plus everyone knows RED is the best color for a real sports car, although Erik may claim yellow but he's wrong. :)

I'm never wrong!

Hey, Mike and Erik, what's with leaf-springs in the back? HAHAHAHA

I'm not sure about the red thing, but on the Vette it's about doing the Nurburgring faster than any production car under $200,000. . .

So what's with that gerbil under your hood?

Don't know about you, but my insurance charges way more, if I owned a red car... ;)

I was actually thinking about painting my car, the color of an 94 Impala SS, as it's pretty much the same car as my Caprice.. But, that darker color would make it even hotter in the Florida sun :p

Can't, stop, talking, like, William, Shatner!

In a regular Miata (non convertible), I couldn't even get into the thing. Had to crink my head forward to even sit down. *only* 6'2" too! I was mad then because it looked like a fun car to drive. Oh well, I don't have to worry about a SUV hitting me as much in my Sienna.

A Miata is so cute ... all of the girls love it!

Dude, you know it's a chick car ...

I had a '92 Miata way back when.
Too much of a chick car for me.
Got it because my 'stang was totalled.
Traded that chick car back in on a real car, a mustang that had all 8 pistons.

Gotta admit, though, the little lipstick ragtop could handle the curves.
The problem arose, though, when exiting the curves.

No oomph to it!

Speaking of chick cars, I also had a 2000 New Beetle, except I did it all up right - upsized turbo kit, chip, Neuspeed/Borla exhaust, Quaiffe diff, coilovers etc.. had a NICE stereo in that puppy, too! That was a fun, deceptively fast ride! Those dang VW/Audio Turbo 4's are unreal! And back in 1999, when the New beetles were still kinda' new and fresh, it wasn't really considered a chick car yet (yeah, right!).

Now it's hard to find a male with any measurable quantity of testosterone in a Beetle. Then again, I haven't seen a guy down here in a Miata for a few years, either.

All chicks

T

Spoken like a man with serious insecurities. But I guess you're right, because this car DOES get me a lot of girls!

I drive a 1994 Saturn SL2. By definition I have no car related insecurities ...

Sorry - Miata == chick car, !chick magnet. If it's working for ya, it must be the hairdo .. ;-0

I'm with dongfeng. Mine's just going to slowly drain my money in either small repairs or for the gas. Buying a full size sedan sounded like a good idea at the time. With gas there way it is now I kinda wish I had gotten something smaller.

Mines pretty pricey too.. 56 dollars per gas fill.

Sadly, I have to replace the radiator now, and that's only one of the many repairs I need to do.

In a regular Miata (non convertible), I couldn't even get into the thing. Had to crink my head forward to even sit down. *only* 6'2" too! I was mad then because it looked like a fun car to drive. Oh well, I don't have to worry about a SUV hitting me as much in my Sienna.

There's no such thing as a non-convertible Miata. You must've entered one with an optional removable hardtop. But even so, I know plenty of guys 6-2 and bigger who happily drive them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back