• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

W10 Anniversary Upgrade

Agent Orange

Veteran Member
Just downloaded the W10 Anniversary Upgrade and it went smooth for a change. Had to reload "Classic Shell" but other than that, the desktop looks just the same. Edge looks better as well as Cortana, but I seldom use either. At least it will let you wack the whole install and revert back if you don't like it. :wow:

Small update:

My copy of W10 had a hacked version of W7 MS games installed; i.e., Hearts, Free cell, Solitaire, etc., and the Anniversary Upgrade whacked them right out. No problem to reinstall which I promptly did. The strange thing is the upgrade removed the games but not the history. After reinstalling the games package, all the scores and games played tallies were all correct. That's just plain meanness on MS's part if you ask me. Upfront, MS says all user programs and files would be left alone.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by facattack

Helo, Agent Orange. I have win10 with no advancements. It makes win8 look like a mistake. Now you reply to my thread. :grin:

For some reason I'm having a problem understanding . . .
Hehehehe... Don't feel too bad... you're not alone. :)

Not defending MS, but I have installed the Anniversary issue on 2 HP laptops and 2 PC's with no such installation mishaps. Doesn't mean something won't pop-up down the road. My wife likes Cortana for whatever reason, and the upgrade fixed her Cortana startup problem, so she's happy now and that's what counts around here.

I actually like Windows 8.1 without any classic shell programs , desktop is cleaner than Windows 10.

But to be honest the first time I tried Win 8.0 I HATED it. LOL

And Windows 10 had random hard lockup issues on my main pc so went back to Win 8.1 ,

Back