• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

California Wang 2246-C Workstation : $100 OBO

Covers: California

bitfixer

Veteran Member
Delivery Options
In Country Shipping or Local Pickup
Looking to sell this Wang workstation, I believe the model number is 2246-C although the sticker is gone. I got this years ago intending to repair and do something with it but looks like we will be moving house soon and it's just too big and heavy to bring along.
Current status: I don't see a raster on the screen when powered on. However from time to time the screen did come to life with a screen of garbage characters. Can't find documentation so I'm not entirely sure what's supposed to happen, but I am guessing some repairs may be needed.
As far as I know it is a data terminal with some local data processing and word processing functions, which is designed to work with Wang VS computer systems. I'm not really sure how much autonomous capabilities it has apart from being a terminal for the VS system.
Some information on bitsavers:

Looking for $100 or best offer.
Located in the SF bay area, just outside of San Francisco. Local pickup is ideal, I can ship but as this is very heavy, I imagine shipping cost would be high.

IMG-2802.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-2806.jpg
    IMG-2806.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG-2804.jpg
    IMG-2804.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 25
Back