• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

want to see if these are worthe anything

i tried many passwords and none of them work with root. also the password in the sytem is all tams, so same password for everything, and no one remembers the password for user login

It is quite possible that the TAMS administration options can act as root for the purpose of shutting down properly. Did it look like there was a shutdown option in the TAMS administration menu? If so, does it work?

Well, the other way to check if TAMS can really admin local users is if the TAMS password reset area has a user called "root". You could try setting that to anything you'd like if it exists then see if you can log on.

ok, i found where you can change that password, but the password is left blank and to change it you need the old password

Shouldn't this be moved to the Pentium section ? This 11 page thread doesn't seem to belong here anymore.

ok, i found where you can change that password, but the password is left blank and to change it you need the old password

I'm not sure what you mean by "blank". I would say, of course it's blank, because you need to provide it. If it was already filled in, it wouldn't be a password. :)

Shouldn't this be moved to the Pentium section ? This 11 page thread doesn't seem to belong here anymore.
Jerad tried to startup a Unix related thread to discuss his Interactive Unix/TAMS system related issues but was told to continue here so here we are.....................

Last edited:

Quite right. We're not talking about a sales price any more. lol However, all the sections show up the same so it doesn't really matter that much. Actually, I'd say it goes in the vintage UNIX section but there isn't one. Perhaps the vintage software section would be best since we're not talking about hardware at all.

It's been an interesting journey.

I'd never heard of TAMS or had any dealings with interactive unix until this thread. Wouldn't mind getting a disk set of iunix and having a play for the hell of it on "period correct" hardware.

It's been an interesting journey.

I'd never heard of TAMS or had any dealings with interactive unix until this thread. Wouldn't mind getting a disk set of iunix and having a play for the hell of it on "period correct" hardware.

I've been thinking the same thing. I've got some images that I should write and check out. SCO Unix system V, AT&T Unix system V, and a few others. Problem is, life is so short.

the other passwords in the system all show they are Tams. To change the password we need, it requires us to know the old password and nobody know's that password. I even tryed calling other napa's

the other passwords in the system all show they are Tams. To change the password we need, it requires us to know the old password and nobody know's that password. I even tryed calling other napa's

That makes sense. The developers/vendors of Tams would probably like to keep that control. I guess it's back to trying to access the underlying operating system. You seem to be doing well with your exploration so far though. :)

Back