• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: 486 based computer

offensive_Jerk

Veteran Member
Hello,

I'm really looking for a 486 computer, but not willing to pay the extreme ebay prices.

Preferably it would have a higher end 486. I should still have a bag of memory for it, so it does not need to have much if any.

Im looking for one cheap, especially if shipping is involved.
I live in 53081, WI.

I just want a system to play some classic games and use some programs.

Please let me know what you have and how much.

I can also be emailed at lobster.shoebox@gmail.com

Wanted: 486 based computer

This is one of a few 486 units I have to sell.
Mini 486 Tower (16in X 7in X 13.25in)
AT&T Globalyst 360TPC, Model# 8496
486 DX2-S 66Mhz, DX4-Pentium Upgrade ready.
WD Caviar 2420 425 Mb.
16 Meg memory
CD-ROM
1.44MB 3.5" FD
VGA card
Modem/Sound card combo, TPC Preload
All original hardware. All original software is still loaded on this machine. OS=WIN3.1. Sorry no disks.
System unit only, can provide an AT style keyboard if needed.

I don't have the paper manual on this unit. The built-in tour only stated that is was DX4 - Pentium upgrade ready. The mother board is a socket 3 intel unit. So, it supports 486 SX/SX2, DX/DX2, DX4, 486 Pentium OverDrive chips.

Make offer + shipping from 08007

Attachments

• PHOT0007.JPG
    PHOT0007.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 1
  • PHOT0008.JPG
    PHOT0008.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 1
  • PHOT0009.JPG
    PHOT0009.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 1
  • PHOT0010.JPG
    PHOT0010.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Try some of the local thrift stores too. Between them and Craigslist you can get some nice older computers for not too much

I have about 20 486 boxes, because it's one of my favorite processors. If you detail what you want I can build you one to spec, lol. Make an offer + shipping from 19904, and I might be convinced to build or find you one. :)

Back