• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: A few parts and accessories for my IBM 5170

ButINeededThatName

Experienced Member
I'm hoping to find the following parts to finish up the IBM AT I've been restoring...

The optional blue-button 720k drive w/ bezel
AT style Model F keyboard
The optional rear plastic trim piece

If anyone has any of the above items available please, DM me!

​​​​​​​Thanks, Ryan.

The optional rear plastic trim piece
Just in case the part numbers help:

* In volume 2 of the Hardware Maintenance & Service manual for the IBM 5170:
- page 5-7 pictures the panel, describing it as 'back panel'; and
- the panel is not shown on the relevant parts drawing but appears in the corresponding parts list as part number 8286169 ('Back panel').

* A good resolution photo I have of a new-in-plastic-wrap panel, shows a different IBM part number, 6137900.

* The first photo at [here] shows it being included in a new-old-stock IBM 5170 box.

In case pictures help, this is the specific drive I'm hoping to track down. It appears to just be the 720k drive used in the 5140 and early PS/2s stuck into a tray with an adapter.

If someone just has the tray / bezel without a drive in it, I'd also be interested in that.

Attachments

• photo63202.jpg
    photo63202.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 1
  • photo63203.jpg
    photo63203.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 1
Managed to track down an AT Model F and the IBM 720k drive, still looking for the rear plastic bezel, though.

Also now looking for one of the IBM 512k-2Mb RAM expansion cards.

Back