• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: ANY vintage PowerBook or iBook with color screen running Classic Mac OS

TH2002

Experienced Member
I have been looking for a PowerBook or iBook to purchase, but as usual eBay prices are extremely restrictive.

If anyone here has one they are willing to sell, here are some criteria:
-Be reasonable with your prices please! The most I will be willing to pay is about $80, excluding shipping costs.
-Power adapter: please include one! It doesn't have to be OEM, but at least something that works.
-Condition is not that important as long as it boots. I don't care if there are scuffs, scratches or even some cracks in the plastic, or some dead pixels on the screen.
-If you PM me with nothing but an email or link, I will immediately assume you are a scammer and you will be reported.

I will make the payment with PayPal.

Thank you in advance!

Years ago, I purchased a Macintosh Graphite iBook 466MHz (M6411) as a backup to my existing one. During the past year, as I was thinning out my holdings, I figured since I've never needed this backup, it could go. I opened the box and surprise, the Seller had included an incorrect AC adapter / power supply. I powered it up using my other adapter, so I know it boots - I just do not have the proper adapter to offer you.

If you're interested in this iBook without adapter, I'd like $50 plus shipping. Please PM me if interested.

smp

Years ago, I purchased a Macintosh Graphite iBook 466MHz (M6411) as a backup to my existing one. During the past year, as I was thinning out my holdings, I figured since I've never needed this backup, it could go. I opened the box and surprise, the Seller had included an incorrect AC adapter / power supply. I powered it up using my other adapter, so I know it boots - I just do not have the proper adapter to offer you.

If you're interested in this iBook without adapter, I'd like $50 plus shipping. Please PM me if interested.

smp
How much do the adapters by themselves usually go for?

I see a bunch of used ibook g3/g4 adapters on ebay for around $20 shipped.

Brand new aftermarket ones are $40.

Years ago when I snagged most of my ibooks the new adapters were less than half that.

I also have an iBook G4 that I can let go cheap if anyone is interested (power adapter not included). 800 MHz G4, 640 MB RAM, 30 GB hard drive, running OS X 10.4.11 -- the last version to support Classic Mode. It had a busted keyboard when I got it, but I replaced the keyboard and now it looks and works fine.

Back