• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: AST Sixpak 'Premium'

the xt guy

Experienced Member
Most of us here that are familiar with the IBM PC and PC/XT know about the AST Sixpak Plus, the expansion board that adds up to 384 K base memory to fill these models to 640K, serial, parallel and game port, clock and calendar.

I'm looking for the next model in the line after these; the AST Sixpak Premium. It was like the Sixpak Plus model, but it also added expanded memory to its features. It could have a total of 2 megs. of RAM, part of it backfilling to 640K just as the 'plus' model did and the rest used as expanded memory.

The board itself could hold a total of 1 meg (in 256K chips) and an additional 1 meg. more RAM on an optional daughterboard.

I have one of these bad boys in a NEC V20 based clone. Fully loaded with 2 megs. Although I can't part with it, I do have the original disks with several versions of the drivers and utilities if you would like a copy. Maybe someday you'll find a board but need the software.

Good luck on your hunt!

I have an AST Advantage Premium... It is in my IBM AT and is 16-bit.

5170_ast.JPG

I have a user manual for the Sixpak Premium, but alas I don't have the card. In fact I have a MegaPlus II, and am in need of its software (AST SuperPak).

Want it?

IMG_0050.JPG

Back