• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: Bits and pieces for IIgs

mattopia

My ROM01 IIgs system is pretty vanilla at the moment, I'm looking for some upgrade options.

- 3.5" drive (UniDisk), or a superdisk controller card
- SCSI controller card
- RAM upgrade card - I have a fully populated Apple card (1.25mb total RAM) at the moment, wouldn't mind going higher.
- A bit of a unicorn these days, but a System Saver would be pretty sweet.

I am willing to purchase or trade. I have a basement full of early Mac, Tandy, Commodore, and PC stuff.

your IIGS already has smart port and can control both 5.25" and 3.5" drives.
Super drive cards were released late in the II life cycle and will be hard to come by.
Liron cards are more common (but for some weird reason commands a premium on fleaBay), but is much slower than the smart port on the IIGS, so unless you're dropping it into a IIe, I don't see the point.
SCSI cards are fairly common and Rev C cards run for about 100 bucks or less on fleaBay. DMA card runs a bit more, but are pretty common as well. CMS card is not recommended. RAMFast cards if you can find them goes for up to a several hundred, depending on the moon phase and who's looking.
4MB and 8MB RAM cards should be fairly common and runs for under 100 bucks. Keep in mind 8MB cards generally don't support DMA above 4MB range.
System Savers I don't seen often, but are not rare.
I have most of these things in my stash.

your IIGS already has smart port and can control both 5.25" and 3.5" drives.

I misunderstood the a2wiki on this topic. I know the IIgs supports 3.5 floppies - I have one (with a failed eject mechanism that I have to dig into). I have a few Macintosh M131 drives in good working shape that I thought I would be able to make use of with a controller, but I appear to be mistaken.

I have most of these things in my stash.

Let me know if you care to part with any of it.

Back