• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: Gateway 2000 Destination Software and Parts

PBcorner

Hello,

I am looking for an OEM copy of Windows 95 for the Destination and the software discs as well. Along with that I am looking for the Gateway 2000 branded mouse-remote, keyboard, and receiver.

If anyone has any of these items, feel free to reply or direct message. Thank you!

Software Discs

Software Discs

Thanks for your reply. It looks like you only have Windows 3.1 for Gateway 2000. The Destination would not be compatible with Win 3.1, so I'm looking for the Windows 95 OEM for the Destination. Thanks again!

Hi,
Did you ever find Destination software? I am looking for it too.
Thanks
Sort of, I found some ISOs of the Gateway Destination Restore Discs on Archive.org. The problem is that there were a few different models of the Gateway Destination (about 4 I believe) made from 1996-2000. So not every disc is comparable with just any Destination computer. From what I've experienced you can always get some of the software you want from the discs, but not all of it, and there's no guarantee it will function properly on your particular model of Destination. But I would recommend searching Archive.org and seeing if any of those work with your machine. :)

Sorry I couldn't be of more precise help with this issue. Unfortunately there's just not a lot of info or software that has been archived for these computers.

Sort of, I found some ISOs of the Gateway Destination Restore Discs on Archive.org. The problem is that there were a few different models of the Gateway Destination (about 4 I believe) made from 1996-2000. So not every disc is comparable with just any Destination computer. From what I've experienced you can always get some of the software you want from the discs, but not all of it, and there's no guarantee it will function properly on your particular model of Destination. But I would recommend searching Archive.org and seeing if any of those work with your machine. :)

Sorry I couldn't be of more precise help with this issue. Unfortunately there's just not a lot of info or software that has been archived for these computers.
Hi,
Thanks for the info. I do have a working Destination, I just wanted some back up software in case the hard drive fails.
I was mostly looking for the DestiVu software.
I also was hoping to some how make a working backup of my hard drive but haven't figured that out yet. It has the Destination software including DestiVu on it
.dest9.JPG

Back