• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

<Wanted> Giana Sisters on C64.

knight76

Hi all.

New to the site and am interested in Amiga, C64 and Dos computing and gaming. I cut my teeth on a 286 originally before moving on to a 486dx40.

I'm getting back in to the games I enjoyed in the past and this game is one that is hard to find.

So I am putting a request here that if anyone has a copy of Giana Sisters for C64 in Cassette or Disk version I would love to hear from you.

Thanks for your time.

Hi all.

New to the site and am interested in Amiga, C64 and Dos computing and gaming. I cut my teeth on a 286 originally before moving on to a 486dx40.

I'm getting back in to the games I enjoyed in the past and this game is one that is hard to find.

So I am putting a request here that if anyone has a copy of Giana Sisters for C64 in Cassette or Disk version I would love to hear from you.

Thanks for your time.

You can download the .D64 image, it's on the web. If you need a way to make the disks, that's a different story. Or private message anyone who regulars the commodore subforums here for assistance.

Hi Billdeg, thanks for the reply.

For playing the games I use a uIEC device which means I can just dump .d64 images to a compact flash drive and play from there.

I am looking to find an original copy of the game, if I can.

He is just a rare game collector, that game was pulled of the market because of threat of legal action from Nintendo (C64 version is the least rare version).

Hi Billdeg, thanks for the reply.

For playing the games I use a uIEC device which means I can just dump .d64 images to a compact flash drive and play from there.

I am looking to find an original copy of the game, if I can.

But that's exactly what I did today...downloaded the .d64 and copied to my uIEC, you can play .d64 images using the JiffyDOS commands built into the uIEC. No need to put on disk if you have the uIEC. Thanks for the tip, great game.

But ok...not sure where you'd find the orig disk. Sorry.

It pops up once in a blue moon I think on ebay but you'll be paying those wonderful ebay prices as well. That's sorta the way it goes though, folks want the most for their stuff and will post it there. The bids sort it out in the end. You could also try searching other auction sites like gamegavel.com.

Thanks for the tip on gamegavel Barythrin. I know I will be paying ebay prices for the game, really I would be paying that anyhow as most people will know what they have with giana sisters. And that is fine. I am prepared to pay the right price for the game. The disk version sells for around 100GBP being the electronic arts release. The cassette version a bit less.

I'd pay 80gbp for the cassette version.

And yes unknown_k I am a game collector. Though I tend to only collect the games I really enjoy and played as a youngster. I wouldn't say I am just a game collector though. ;)

Back