• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: old-style I/O shield with the slot cover tabs not broken off

computerdude92

Veteran Member
The Design:

https://ibb.co/HpCb9WD

I/O shields with only a few ports and breakable tabs like this are rare and found mainly with vintage 90's motherboards or new-in-box beige ATX cases.

See those tab covers on the gameport and audio ports on this sample picture? I want one with the hole placement looking like this but has tab covers on all ports so I can peel them off for myself. I have a motherboard that I want to have a cleaner look by covering up the ports I won't use. At the very least I need the parallel port covered up on the I/O shield.

I only need the following exposed, based this I/O shield design in the above photo:

Two PS/2 ports

Two USB ports

Two serial ports

This is what I want my I/O shield to look like, based on this description:

https://ibb.co/2Pd23vf

It does not have to be the breakable tab design, as long as it is an I/O shield that only allows the ones I want in the list. Needs to be metal too.

Thanks guys.

Something like this might be the best you can hope for because almost everything from that era had a dang Parallel Port poking out the back that required the port to be opened.

DSCF2940A.jpg

That's the problem--almost any vintage I/O shield will have a parallel port cutout on it. I think I've got one without, but it's in use currently. I've got one with punchout tabs, but it's not for the usual outline--it attaches with screws.

Something like this might be the best you can hope for because almost everything from that era had a dang Parallel Port poking out the back that required the port to be opened.

View attachment 55874

YOU ARE A GENIUS!!! Why didn't I think of that, I simply plug the LPT port...

I have some of those covers myself. Please, please take a picture of the other side so I may replicate your design. Syclops, thank you so much! I'm so glad I asked.

I have a 286 case that has one serial and one parallel port hole covered with just an internal cover and an outside screw to secure it and another, a black case, that has three parallel holes and two serial holes with all the covers still in place.

I have a 286 case that has one serial and one parallel port hole covered with just an internal cover and an outside screw to secure it and another, a black case, that has three parallel holes and two serial holes with all the covers still in place.
I should have said two outside screws as there are two of them in the normal end notches of each port cover.

I looked at the one that I have with punch-outs. The LPT DB25 hole is already punched out.

I've got a couple of ones from HP where the unneeded (but present) holes are simply covered over with a piece of thick gray vinyl that occupies the entire recess. Looks good.

Back