• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: small composite CRT monitor

commodorejohn

Veteran Member
I picked up an Apple IIc this past weekend and I want to set it up with a small monitor on my desk at work. Unfortunately, I seem to have gotten rid of the small composite monitor that I know I had at one point, so I don't have a good spare monitor that isn't a bit too large for my workspace. I've been poking around looking at some options, but I'm still waiting to find a decent one in my area, and if I'm going to order online, I'd rather do it with people I can trust to actually test the dang thing before selling it and pack it properly.

In short, I'm looking for a small NTSC CRT monitor or portable TV in the 7-12" range. I'm not stuck on aesthetics, but it would be nice to have something that would sit nicely atop the IIc. I wouldn't mind an actual Apple monitor, but I don't want to pay APPLE MAC IPHONE STEVE JOBS L@@K prices; otherwise, I'd be happy with any suitable composite video monitor, color or monochrome. If you happen to be within reasonable driving distance of Folsom, CA, I'd be glad to pick it up and save the trouble of shipping. Anybody got one to spare?

Would a black and white TV suffice? I've got a //c monitor-sized one sitting round waiting for a project going absolutely nowhere. It's NIB, or something, it's never been opened but I couldn't say how old it is. I'll have to check, it's probably a 7".

I've got a Magnavox 80 that works fine if you're interested.

It's Model BM7652. Got the manual and cable with it, too.

The glare in the middle is from the camera's flash, not the monitor itself.

Of course it looks even better than it does in the pic since I had to use flash.

attachment.php

attachment.php

P3040542a.jpgP3040541a.jpg

That does look good, but looking at it I'm kind of wondering if a 12" monitor isn't too big to fit comfortably on the IIc. I'll have to check the measurements when I get home.

That does look good, but looking at it I'm kind of wondering if a 12" monitor isn't too big to fit comfortably on the IIc. I'll have to check the measurements when I get home.

It's even smaller than I remembered, it's 5½". But the overall unit appears to be quite large due to a tuning scale on the front. This doesn't really look like it would look good with a //c. And based on the controls, I'm pretty sure it doesn't have composite in. So short of modifying it or getting a modulator, it won't work for your application. Sorry.

Back