• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: VIC-20 Video Cable and/or Modulator

NF6X

Veteran Member
I just got a nice VIC-20 from a Goodwill auction. I don't have a video cable for it yet. I can make one if I have to, but does anybody have an original cable and/or modulator for sale or trade?

I don't have any spares, or I'd send you one. Do be aware that there are multiple variations of these. I think the VIC, C64, and C128 all have different pinouts. The VIC may be the same as the TI99/4.

The ones that have four or more RCA connectors will usually work but the plug colours will be incorrect.

If I were you, I'd make one. If I get to where I need another, that's what I'll do.

I was directed to https://www.8bitclassics.com by one of my Twitter followers, and I just ordered a couple cables for my VIC-20 and C-128 there. I don't enjoy soldering circular DIN connectors very much, so I appreciate not having to build this video cable. :)

I occasionally (youstabee frequently) have to solder 10 to 100 pin cannon plugs for a living. Little DINs don't faze me. :) Well, I don't think I'd like to assemble a mini-DIN.

It's good to know about that site. Thanks!

Back