• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

What Commodore computer(s) do you own?

Do you like that 1802?

Oh, very yes (lawl). I got it when I bought the machine when I was 14. It has 3 sets of inputs: monochrome, standard av (mono sound), and commodore composite (luma, chroma, audio). Great monitor- its good for more than just using a C64 or VIC20; You can attach game systems, as long as they dont use a coaxial cable for output.

Mine is missing the front door that covers the input switch, color and tint adjustments, and volume control. But I kinda like the imperfection.

If I didn't receive the monitor when I bought that first C64, I would have had NO idea how to connect it to a TV, and my parents would not have been happy if I tried that (they fought me tooth and nail when I decided to buy the whole setup).

The commodore composite is the same as s-video, they just break the chroma and luma into 2 RCA jacks instead of using the normal Svideo plug. You can buy cables that have svideo on one end and the 2 RCA jacks on the other for connecting equipment to the 1802.

I have two of the 1802's and one is missing the cover like yours. Both work and were given to me free with some C64 gear from freecycle. I kind of wanted a 1702 since I think they looked better, or better yet another Amiga compatible 1080 or 1084 but they were better then nothing.

A monitor is better then a TV for a C64, hope you have the good c64 video cable and not the regular composite one.

As far as I know, Jim is a fellow citizen of the USA. He just may have a few more connections with certain people and has been around for enough years to pick up the goodies while they lasted.
Yes, Cedar Rapids, IA, USA

The 264 and the first C65 were personal gifts from CMD, when they took over a CBM liquidated warehouse. They were given on the premise I would take them to shows and demonstrate them.

The second 65 was serendipity. It was part of a large stash I picked up in WI a few years back.

Amiga!

Amiga!

I bought an Amiga 500 when it first came out, recently I bought a new unusing Amiga monitor to go with it..

Just got back from collecting my c64 wedge eBay purchase :)

Its works fine and loads of great games :)

World Games/Summer Games/Winter Games/California Games/Indoor Sports
Head Over Heels/Road Blasters/Out Run/Paperboy/Bubble Bobble/PacMania/Nemesis the Warlock/Bangkok Knights/Road Runner/Wizball/Rastan/Arkanoid/10th Frame/Cosmic Creatures/The Last Ninja/Into the Eagles Nest/MadMax/Mario Brothers/Bombuzal/Renegade/Barbarian II/Starglider/Double Dragon/Solo Flight

I'm a happy chap.

Now I just need Armalyte and Bounty Bob...

EDIT:, Just found The Great Giana Sisters in there also, I hope it works.

Last edited:
I have a Commodore SX64 that is still in the box. I was wondering how much it is worth? Will send pics if interested.

Last edited:
My Commodores

My Commodores

I only have:

1 C64
1 SX-64
1 VIC-20

but have a crap load of peripherals, spare boards/chips, documentation. Zillions of joysticks. I haven't really got into commodore much except for the SX-64.

Hey all! Long time no type:

One C64
And a vic-20

And maybe - I might soon get an Amiga 2500 with video toaster, and maybe a couple 500's. Just maybe, if I can suck it off the local schools hands. They usually just scrap old computers with no knowledge of their true value.

I used to have a pretty sizeable collection of Commodore stuff at one point. This included:

CBM 8032 w/96k RAM, 8250 and 8080 drives, and a printer (can't remember the model)
Various Commodore 64s
SX-64
C-128
C-128DCR
Plus/4
VIC-20
Amiga 1000 (3)
Amiga 500 (2)
Amiga 2000 (2)
Amiga 3000

Currently the only Commodore stuff in my posession is a Commodore 64 I don't have a power supply for, and a busted Amiga 1200 motherboard. :) Never owned a B series machine or a C-16.

I used to have a pretty sizeable collection of Commodore stuff at one point. This included:

CBM 8032 w/96k RAM, 8250 and 8080 drives, and a printer (can't remember the model)
Various Commodore 64s
SX-64
C-128
C-128DCR
Plus/4
VIC-20
Amiga 1000 (3)
Amiga 500 (2)
Amiga 2000 (2)
Amiga 3000

Currently the only Commodore stuff in my posession is a Commodore 64 I don't have a power supply for, and a busted Amiga 1200 motherboard. :) Never owned a B series machine or a C-16.

Nice to see this thread is still active.:p

Very nice collection you’ve got there :D

The SX-64 is very much on my "to get" list but I'll have to sell a Kidney before I can afford one over here in the UK...:-(

Although it has been mentioned before, the 110V NTSC SX-64 is at least twice as common as the 220-240V PAL model and generally also is reflected in market price ex. shipping.

My Commodore collection, in order of age (I think...):

PET 2001-8N (standard keyboard, PETSCII key markings, no cassette)
VIC-20
C64
C64C
SX-64
Plus/4
C16
C128
C128DCR
Amiga 600HD

All are working, except the SX-64 is a bit intermittent. Might need repair at some point.

My favorite? Man, that's hard to say. The VIC-20 was the first computer I ever owned (not the one I have, but the model). I love the PET for nostalgia, as I used a 2001 in high school for programming class. The C64 made me quite a bit of money in my retail days. :p As someone mentioned, the C16 has a cool color.

But on balance, the C128DCR is probably my favorite, because it's 3 machines in one, and among the last of the great 8-bit systems. I'm also a CP/M enthusiast, so that's a plus.

Cheers!

- Earl

Here's my collection:

2X Vic-20
1X Commodore 64
1X Commodore 16
1X Commodore Plus 4
1X Amiga 1000
2X Amiga 2000
1X Amiga 3000
1X Amiga 1200

Barney