• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

what do you think of my CPT 8535?

Just ran across this site and brought back fun memories from way back. I was a CPT service tech in Fort Collins, CO from 1980 to 86. As others have said, way ahead of their time in so many ways. Our company sold a bunch of these to the Wyoming State government which pretty much standardized on them, beating out Wang, NBI, IBM and others. I really loved the SRS 45. We did some pretty creative stuff with Ashton Tate Dbase II running on CPM to allow for both data processing AND word processing. Very cool that we could also do IBM 3270 emulation in a separate window and copy the screen content to the word processing window. I also met my wife in '85 who talked the Wyoming Public Service Commission into buying CPT equipment. Still married to this day. I still have a Seagate ST506 5mb hard disk from the DU-15 (I think that's the name) that was a shared storage system. Really appreciated the inside info from Metasoft. I'd get up to Minnesota every now and again for training and would get to tour the plant.

Back