• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

What is a Corona PPC-400 Worth?

You don't happen to be selling one on ebay? So one that I was watching was going for around $100 working but didn't sell. But depends on the market and what's with the system. Where are you located? That'll also help folks know how much shipping might be or if they're local which would be a better value. I just double checked and the one on ebay that I'm aware of doesn't have any software or manuals so that may be keeping the desire low. Funny I thought they all had the built in printer but I guess that's a different/older model?

Anybody have an idea what one is worth? Working with software, etc.

Those are cool. I remember seeing a lot of those around at one time. As for "worth", that depends on the buyer and if they have to pay shipping, which is probably over $100, so not much room left for the price of the unit. Since these don't seem to be as popular as the very similar Compaq portable I guess people would not pay quite as much. The Compaqs are currently gettable at between $25 and $100. If I saw one of these locally (so I didn't have to pay shipping) I'd personally go as high as $50 because it's quite a collectable piece.

Edit: For those that don't know what these look like, here's a pic.

Ditto as well Ole Juul, if one was local I'd certainly be interested just as I love to see companies who dabbled in computers but moved out of the market to other niches.

Ah.. :) well good for you. $90 with software wouldn't be a bad deal. It's the $90 + $60 to ship that breaks it for most of us :) But you're certainly welcome to offer what you're comfortable. If they have pics of it working and know the keyboard keys are all good that'll help their sale as well.

Well The last one I had I'd simply give away for free...
I did not have the original keyboard, but a normal XT keyboard
worked just fine with a RJ to DIN cable I made.

Corona PC 1.jpg Corona PC 2.jpg

Regards, Roland

Well The last one I had I'd simply give away for free...
I did not have the original keyboard, but a normal XT keyboard
worked just fine with a RJ to DIN cable I made.

View attachment 11525 View attachment 11526

Regards, Roland

This is a really old thread -- but I just bought a Corona PPC-21 and I'm trying to figure out why the keyboard that came with it isn't working. I tried to make an adapter for an XT keyboard, but can't figure out the pinout. I think I found the 5V supply, but when no keyboard is connected, it has just 3.7V output. When I connect the Corona keyboard, it jumps to 5V (4.8V). Not sure which pin carries data and clock. But I cycled through all combinations, but could get none of them to work...
Let me know if you have any suggestions or if you remember the pinout!
Thanks!

Back