• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

What is this connector called? It could be Mac or PC.

kiester

Hi, I have this very nice cable that on one end connects to old iPods, etc, and the other end was used to connect to an old Mac or to an old PC (pre-USB). Can anyone name this connector? It's pictured below.

Thank you!!!

ps: Sorry it's a little distorted... I had to compress the file significally

Attachments

• Connector 2.gif
    Connector 2.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
Make a picture with the focus actually being on the connector, not on your fingers.

Looks like a smaller version of the port Apple used for external floppy drives on their old Powerbooks. It's certainly Apple, not PC.

It's certainly Apple, not PC.

It's definitely not any kind of standard firewire cable. If it supposedly connects to iPods what does the other end look like? (Original iPods had the standard firewire 6-pin connector on them, which looks nothing like this, and later ones had that skinny 30 pin connector, again, nothing like this.)

The color and weird shape of the plug makes me think of the proprietary break-out boxes you used to get with things like video capture or fancy sound cards. If that's what it is it's probably useless for anything but the dingus it came with.

Hopefully these are better quality... sorry about that. I had to crop and compress. The other end uploaded first, and it fits my iPod like a glove. The last pic uploaded shows it inserted into my iPod.

Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks!!!

Attachments

• Cable Other End.gif
    Cable Other End.gif
    635.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Cable2.gif
    Cable2.gif
    881.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Cable Other End Fits iPod.gif
    Cable Other End Fits iPod.gif
    630.4 KB · Views: 20
Back