• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

What is this? Post Photos of Mystery Items Here (vintage computers only)

Hi all. In part of a huge job lot of stuff I collected a week or so ago there was a box full of loose cards, I've managed to ID all but two of them - any help in identifying these is much appreciated. Apologies in advance if one or both aren't 'vintage', identifying items such as these is one of the areas I need to research deeper to get better at. Ignore the number stickers thats just so I can locate them later!

Attachments

• photo61099.jpg
    photo61099.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 37
  • photo61100.jpg
    photo61100.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 37
  • photo61101.jpg
    photo61101.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 37
Looking for an identification of what I have here.

This is part of a larger assembly that I think is an old computer, but dates of the various parts are between 1972 and 1980, so not sure if they all were a single unit or?

Control Logic brand frame with the same logo on several of the boards. The name Control Logic makes me think it may have been part of a manufacturing control system?

Attachments

• photo62892.jpg
    photo62892.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 22
  • photo62893.jpg
    photo62893.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 22
  • photo62894.jpg
    photo62894.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 22
Photos of the cards from above frame. I'll post more pictures of the other items later if there is any interest.

Attachments

• photo62895.jpg
    photo62895.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 21
  • photo62896.jpg
    photo62896.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 21
Hi all. In part of a huge job lot of stuff I collected a week or so ago there was a box full of loose cards, I've managed to ID all but two of them - any help in identifying these is much appreciated. Apologies in advance if one or both aren't 'vintage', identifying items such as these is one of the areas I need to research deeper to get better at. Ignore the number stickers thats just so I can locate them later!

It's been four months but if you are still around that appears to be a 3270 Terminal emulation card and a streaming ethernet controller.

The first one looks like an Atari 800.

The second one looks like a generic clone with an Apple color monitor on it, probably because it’s color composite and easy to feed a video signal to fake a computer.

Upper one might be an Atari 800 with the raised central cartridge slots.

I thought the lower one would have been a Tandy model but I can't find a picture that matches.

Yes, it was definitely for a public kiosk of some type that would not require any actual touch typing but more of a "press a key to select an item" with some minor typing. Looks like it might protect the keyboard against key cap theft/damage. You would only need a single hole for the space bar, if that was the purpose. This is also appears to be home-grown or low budget as there were dedicated keyboards for kiosks that could take any abuse/spill. A long time ago, I had built a kiosk but we went with a touch screen to eliminate the keyboard and mouse altogether and had the keyboard on screen, when needed.
I know this is a very old thread but ... can I suggest that it for use by someone with a disability - who types using a stick held in the mouth or something similar? The holes would hold the stick while pressure is applied to press the key.

Anyone know what this card is/does/belongs to? I first though power, but that's a crap load of just resistors, and a few transistors and caps. So I'm at a loss. I have it on display because it's pretty cool and nice and shiny from some kind of lacquer coating.

Attachments

• Unknown Board.jpg
    Unknown Board.jpg
    896.4 KB · Views: 46
I tried looking it up under the company name and board ID, but I can't seem to find the company and nothing from the board number.

Moore Associates Inc
1424-4D1

The first one, labeled as 0929, is a rare PCI based 2 Mbit/s coax based Network card.

Its rare, due to coax based cards are more popular from the ISA 8 and 16 bits era, not from the 32 bits PCI.

The first one, labeled as 0929, is a rare PCI based 2 Mbit/s coax based Network card.

Its rare, due to coax based cards are more popular from the ISA 8 and 16 bits era, not from the 32 bits PCI.
It and 0930 are IBM microchannel cards though they look like PCI. Both appear to be network cards with 0929 being either 10base2 or 3270 emulation and the 0930 might be token ring with a 9 pin dsub and rj45. The end plate with the fingers for the thumbscrew give it away as part of the PS/2 microchannel line.

Yes, it was definitely for a public kiosk of some type that would not require any actual touch typing but more of a "press a key to select an item" with some minor typing. Looks like it might protect the keyboard against key cap theft/damage. You would only need a single hole for the space bar, if that was the purpose. This is also appears to be home-grown or low budget as there were dedicated keyboards for kiosks that could take any abuse/spill. A long time ago, I had built a kiosk but we went with a touch screen to eliminate the keyboard and mouse altogether and had the keyboard on screen, when needed.

My used BBC Model B came with a acrylic guide like that over the keyboard, affixed to the case with Velcro tape. The original user was paralyzed and typed with a mouth-held poker.

Thanks RussBlakeman! for the information regarding IBM microchannel, unknown for me.
Due to this, it resembles like PCI for my limited knowledge.

Photos of the cards from above frame. I'll post more pictures of the other items later if there is any interest.
I know this post is almost a year old, but any information is better than none. Based on the name "Control Logic", the flip flop card and stories an older colleague told me, could this be an old PLC-alike machine? The ones he was talking about had function cards that "calculated" functions like a cosine, did some basic I/O logic and things like that. He once had to repair one in Africa in the 80's. Luckily the broken part was a 741 which he could source locally and solder in his hotel room.

"Controllogix" is a modern brand of PLC's, likely totally unrelated to Control Logic.

Back