• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

What on earth is this ? (IMSAI ?)

I have one of these boards. Mine came with an aluminum metal front cover that has been punched out. It takes a standard S-100 cpu that has the front panel connector. Mine has some timing errors. It will load a couple location then starts trashing previously written addresses when depositing others. I'll get back to it someday but it isn't high on my list. I got a more well behaved IMSAI that I use as my CP/M machine.
I don't think my front panel piece is the original. I would expect a silk screened plexiglas piece.
I guess boot means different things to other people. This one will not likely boot without a processor board and some memory.
I believe U25 is where the data cable goes to the cpu card.
Dwight

Last edited:
No, it appears to be a genuine WMC box.

The chassis is TEI MCS-112 (or their OEM version), nice chassis, will fit an IMSAI front panel (including the dress panel and escutcheon plate!), so of course the Wameco panel fits too, since it could be dropped into an IMSAI chassis. TEI used a ferroresonant supply, you can see the big cap to keep the core saturated to the right of the transformer. Stable, but audibly noisy!

No, it appears to be a genuine WMC box.

Actually, that chassis looked familiar so I compared it to the TEI mainframe chassis that I have and it's identical with the CV transformer & capacitor placement. It is possible that Wameco used the same chassis though.
Regards,
Jeff

Actually, that chassis looked familiar so I compared it to the TEI mainframe chassis that I have and it's identical with the CV transformer & capacitor placement. It is possible that Wameco used the same chassis though.
Regards,
Jeff

Oops, I didn't realize that Glitch beat me to that same conclusion.
Regards,
Jeff

I believe you sold me the TEI 8080 CPU board that's currently in mine :)

Yup, I stumbled across your notes on your web page about the non functioning power on jump circuitry and how once you got it working it caused the MWRITE conflict with the front panel. I never saw the conflict since the power on jump was messed up. I am glad you figured it out!

BTW, living in AZ now I am going to miss being a vendor at VCF-East. I really enjoyed meeting a lots of interesting people in the sales room.

Regards,
Jeff

Back