• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

What to do with older computers (GX1, Gx110, etc) keyboards etc

t-maxxracer32

Hey all,

first post so hopefully this is in the right section.
We have a massive old computer collection that came from an auction years ago... we were going to throw it away but figured we should check to see if there is any market for them. I have seen some of the GX models go on ebay, but I would much prefer to stay off ebay if possible.

Here is a sample of what we have..

This probably is far from the correct way to store them.... but we didnt know what to do with them for a while so it ended up being like this.

Is there a market here on this site for these style computers? I dont think they would be vintage, but still quite old.

We also have quite a few of the quitekey keyboards... I couldnt find anything when searching for those, so do people here like those?

Thanks for anyones help!

If you are able to provide some more information on the non-Dell machines in the 2nd photo, I can see where there might be interest in those, depending on what is inside the case. If I were there in person, I would certainly be having a look to see if there was anything interesting. Easily could be... And what else is hiding behind them? Is that a Gateway with a curved corner on top? Some folks seem interested in those.

I don't really see much value in those Dell's...at least not today. Assuming they are run-of-the-mill plain Pentium. Pentium Pro would get my attention...but not likely what they are. Another 10-15 years could easily change that...given enough time, old junk goes from being common junk to less common and interesting to at least some folks.

Whereabouts are you located (roughly, anyway)?

Wesley

Take a picture of the back sides, where the ports and slots are. If nothing else, it could be a stack of AT cases. We all need more of those. :) ATX or proprietary, not so much. Are they all Dells?

A Dell GX1 can be handy if you need a machine with an ISA slot to continue using an old board but still want to run an OS that isn't too ancient.

Where are you located, and how much are you looking to get?
All the dells in the last picture are proprietary cases and motherboards, not much demand currently for them.

Some of the dell P2 systems have some collectability for gamers, plus you have some 3rd party cases/systems. All in all it looks like you have a bunch of stuff for ewaste recycling.

Thanks for the replies!!

-I am located in Yuma, AZ.
-There is a large variety of consoles dell/hp/mac/IBM/etc
-I'm not looking to make a killing on these, but would like to get a fair price if I sell it.
-once I take an inventory I can let you know if its a curved HP as you asked

As some of you mentioned, I will go through them all and develop a list of what I have.

To get things straight....

-Some people may be interested in special motherboards/different brands of computers
-There would not be much demand for a simple dell GX1 case with no mobo/internals?
-Are there any computer cases (no internals) that people are interested in?

I only ask these questions so I can easily go through and throw out the scrap.

Once I go throught it all I will post up here and see if there is any interest.

Got some more pictures (front,back) of some of the odd computers. A few of them actually power up fine, pretty crazy.

Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited:
The first one with the 5 1/4" disk drive is probably a 486 and worth a few bucks, same for the desktop one and the one above the desktop. The Aptiva, not so much. don't know about the Mac.

PowerMacs tend to sell for surprisingly large values.

I suspect that the Aptiva is a Celeron equipped model which hampers its appeal even to those looking for Pentium - Pentium III systems. A lack of drive bays and slots makes it not very effective as a tweener.

I did notice that several of those system have what appear to be controllers for scanners or external CD-ROMs. If you have the matching devices and cables, pair them with the computer. It might increase the value of the set.

Unfortunately I don't have much of any cables, but will look through to be sure I didnt miss any.

I will take a look into the 486 to see if it is the computer I have.. Thank you both for your replies.

Posting photos is a great way to see more or less what you have. Might work well to just photograph them and create a photo gallery somewhere with all the images...

Wesley

Back