• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

What to do with these 6 STM32F Blue pills???

VERAULT

Veteran Member
So I bought SIX STM32F103C8T6 Blue Pills from Amazon (chinese Seller). I bought them as I am making a bunch of the BlueSCSI devices https://scsi.blue/
What they ended up sending me was 6 STM32F103C6T7 blue pills which only have 32KB. So not enough to work on my project. Does anyone know a project I can build that can use these exact blue pills? If not does anyone want all 6 for the cost of shipping? I would hate to throw them out.

The point I am trying to make is these are cost reduced and memory reduced Variants of the Blue pill. They only have 32KB storage so the projects would be limited to that. Notice the different model number in my first post.

I'd give it a try anyway; the F1 .hex file is only 45K long, which means that the actual binary is about half that (highest load address is 4FE0). The 32KB F103's aren't terribly common in the hobbyist world, but they should be useful nonetheless. 32KB of flash on a dedicated MCU is still quite a bit of memory in the low-end MCU world. Consider the AT-to-XT converter that does its work in a 512 flash byte MCU.

I havent been able to find any plans/kits I am interested in using that can take this thing. I was hoping someone might know of one. Well if not no big deal. Anyone wants all 6 for the cost of shipping just send me a PM.

I put a version of Forth on one. I don't use the Arduino IDE or any tools. I program them through the serial. I made a AT keyboard to parallel converter and a couple other things. I was going to make a SD card disk system but got distracted. I got to the point that I could read and write to them and I expect to finish it some day. They have both Flash and EEPROM. They are cheap but for a larger projects, the STM32F407 are better.
The processor is fast enough to do floppy stuff. It is the same processor used in those cheap floppy replacement boxes that you plug a USB into. They can't be a USB master but can be a USB end.
They are still fun little part. One port is 5V tolerant, with pullups on outputs. The other ports are 3.3V. They have analog in and PW analog out. Several timers that can run DMA if one likes.
Dwight

Back