• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Where can I buy a REAL ALL METAL kitchen faucet that is affordable?

VERAULT

Veteran Member
So about a year ago, I had to replace my kitchen faucet due to it leaking badly. I was pretty unhappy with all the "economy" faucets we looked at. Everything at home depot was made in china chinese crap, with lots of plastic. Walmart only had one model which was metal but really cheap garbage. We went to a kitchen and bath place in town which is also a plumbing outlet to see thier "show room". They were all made well but not a single faucet was under $1600.00! Most were over the $3000.00 mark. FOR A FAUCET! No sink was included.

Is this where we are at? Cheap plastic or high end? Is there no middle ground.

What got me in this mess is I have a 75 gallon aquarium. I need to unscrew the aerator to thread in an attachment to allow me to connect a filler tube when I need to fill the tank every couple months. Turns out this new Faucet I installed had a metal Aerator threaded into a plastic threaded adapter which then threaded onto the neck of the faucet. ITs a Glacier Bay model. And I learned today by calling the 800 number its a homedepot brand.. The 800 numbers takes you to a home depot help line and they mention its thier line of faucets. I think I was better off getting the $22 dollar walmart faucet....

IMG_20230222_151547.jpgIMG_20230222_151508.jpg

When I replaced the shower head a couple years ago I went with this model as its all metal: https://www.theshowerheadstore.com/...spray-dual-shower-head?variant=38210244706497

I have been happy with that product but they dont sell kitchen faucets.

Anyone have advice on this? Even the box of this thing said "metal construction, Stainless Steel" So how would I know what to trust? I am so tired of paying good money for Chinese crap!

Last edited:
Can you not find a small machine shop locally who could make a new stainless steel adaptor for you? Looks like a pretty simple job on the lathe and should not cost a fortune. At least this way you know you have a decent adaptor for your aerator.....

Can you not find a small machine shop locally who could make a new stainless steel adaptor for you? Looks like a pretty simple job on the lathe and should not cost a fortune. At least this way you know you have a decent adaptor for your aerator.....
All said and done, Yes it is a simple task.. But this is the land of franchises so without knowing someone locally personnaly. ITs just not going to happen.

You have an ACE hardware by you at all? They sell replacement parts for basement sinks/older kitchen sinks. Just bring the parts with so you can match them up.

Here's a slip on aerator so at least you can use the sink in the meantime...

You have an ACE hardware by you at all? They sell replacement parts for basement sinks/older kitchen sinks. Just bring the parts with so you can match them up.
I did, they said "Aww no, yeah, were not going to have that, thats not even a standard size. We cannot match up this particular chinese crap"

Im looking at this thing and its Chromed ( I dunno what you would call it, its a metal based coating over plastic) Plastic. I never thought we would get to a point where we would be paying more, and getting far less.... ie. Plastic Plumbing fixtures being passed off as metal. Low flow toilettes that you need to flush 3 times just to work.. I am living out of my time..

Yeah, disposable. thats what it is. Just think back to how things were made before plastic. wood, glass, brass/steel. Lasts forever. This is just inexcusable.

Thats what you get when fashion overtakes utility, designs have to look different every year and whatever was the best last year is so out of style two years later you just need to renovate.

Funny you should mention that Unknown_K. We went to several places to look for ideas and see if anyone has any good faucets. What we found was a current FAD. Most of the Faucets they were pushing were the type where the sprayer hose retracts up the faucet. That was 80% of what they were selling! I dont want that, I dont want a sensor, I dont want any stupid tricks. What I want a real metal faucet with parts I can replace when the time comes..

I dont want a designer Faucet. I want a utilitarian faucet! You can substitute faucet for any other word in that statement and It will probably be true.

You need to be looking at commercial/industrial faucets like T&S or Chicago.

Try a resale store for a good brand, say a Peerless from a remodel. A couple of years ago, I replaced the Moen kitchen faucet with a looks-nice nickel-plated Chinese model. Said model started leaking after a year and nobody had parts--nickel over plastic crap. I dug the old Moen out and wrote the factory and asked if I could buy new valve cartridges, as the old ones were worn and leaking. They promptly responded that Moen faucets are guaranteed for life and sent me, free, 4 replacement cartridges as well as a set of new o-rings for the spout. I was stunned--the faucet was more than 20 years old.

If you want a real faucet, go to the poor part of town (or the poor part of the next town), they sell real faucets.

If you want a real faucet, go to the poor part of town (or the poor part of the next town), they sell real faucets.
Danbury it is..... Yeah I know what you are saying. I grew up in those areas. I got out for a reason.. But They are the last place to find "real stores".

Back