• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Where can I find all Windows 7 updates sorted by date please?

computerdude92

Veteran Member
Hello, I need help finding a complete set of Windows 7 updates, but they need to be from roughly March 2015 and earlier. That was right before Microsoft added telemetry spying updates to Windows 7. Please don't bash my opinions on this, I just need some help on where to collect the updates. I've tried looking everywhere I can with no success. Thanks for any help.

Not that folks here can't help. But I see this site more focused on pre-Windows7 stuff and vintage computers not even in the Windows category. Then again, a lot of use modern windows machines so maybe someone will chime in with some info.

Seaken

Hello, I need help finding a complete set of Windows 7 updates, but they need to be from roughly March 2015 and earlier. That was right before Microsoft added telemetry spying updates to Windows 7. Please don't bash my opinions on this, I just need some help on where to collect the updates. I've tried looking everywhere I can with no success. Thanks for any help.
I still run W7 on a Ryzen gamer. I have SP1 installed and all of the update features are permanently turned off due to to that fact the MS doesn't like W7 running a modern Ryzen PC. I don't need any updates and only the Nvidia 1080 driver gets an update once in a while.

The following link is relatively new and may or may not what you're looking for:

While in German, get this:

This is a custom package containing all security updates up to the point when MS stopped support for Win7. At the very beginning, you can select "manual installation" instead of automatic, which allows choosing exactly which updates you want to install.

As note, if W7 is not your daily driver, i.e browsing and such, there is really no need for security updates. Just make sure that you have SP1 installed or the OS will be pretty much dead in the water.

I don't use Windows 7 for internet anymore, but in the past my current Win7 system has experienced strange bugs like text glitches when I open notepad.

Plus, my CPU is AMD Bulldozer based, so it is sluggish for the first minute or two once the desktop loads - even on a clean install when I used to use Firefox and Avast antivirus. There are a couple of Windows updates to patch my CPU though, but I haven't tried them yet. I read online that the CPU patches don't help much.

I don't experience this level of bugs on other systems I used in the past which also had Win7 SP1 with no extra updates. So I'm hoping a large set of chronological updates will fix my problems.

Last edited:
Providing you have SP1 installed it should run okay. Make sure your BIOS is updated and supports the CPU. Also, run a RAM check and while you're at it, ensure that all of the system drivers are loaded - use Device Manager for that. Most of what MS has to offer are just security updates and if you're not online you won't miss anything.

Ill make this known again.

We use Windows 7 64bit for 90% of our home computers (the one I am typing on now) and All updates are disabled, and have been since install. We have good virus/spyware detection and a reliable LAN. YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS of no problems (we had a switch burn out a month ago.... otherwise smooth sailing). Dealing with Windows professionally since 3.0... With modern windows you want less problems.. dont update...

Frequently updating your phone, your computer, etc etc. Just leads to unreliability.

People with such an attitude are the reason why malware, spyware, and ransomware spread like hell.

A system not up-to-date should never ever be connected to the internet.

People with such an attitude are the reason why malware, spyware, and ransomware spread like hell.

Dont be daft.. You cleary didnt read the post. These systems have been running with no updates for MANY YEARS. And run fine. They arent subject to anything as I have more than adequate hardware and software protection.... Ya know, because I have been in the industry decades and know what I am doing rather than following the crowd.

The ability to think for ourselves separates us from the animals. I am not keen on the idea of becoming an ANT.

So rather than buying a pointless apple watch.. maybe use research, testing, and personal experience to draw your own conclusions rather than spitting out misinformation.

BOLD FACED LIES TIMO??????? <--- ??? :unsure:

No, people who say lines like this are the reason Steve Mobs is Deified and apple is a trillion dollar company. I was trained to use logic to troublshoot ALL situations... Not purger misinformation.

I go onlne WITHOUT an active virus protection. I don't link to places that I shouldn't be linking to without protection. And I'm behind a NAT. I do NOT recommend this to the average user wwho has no idea how things work. For the average user, yes, update and use the provided virus protection. The alternative is to learn how things work out there on the internet and be careful. Your choice.

I use Windows 7 on my main HTPC everyday with Window Media Center. But I do not normally use it to browse the internet. ut I do occasionally fire up Chrome or Firefox to go to a known site. I enccourage my wife NOT to use the browser on the HTPC but instead use the ROKU. She does not understand computers and how things work in the browser. But we haven't had any issues since Windows 7 was abandoned by MS. I've got it set up properly and we don't have problems.

Seaken

I still use Win7 on the garage pc... no issues. Dont goto weird sites, dont download from unknown sources, get a good firewall and a decent antivirus (dont really even need realtime protection if you follow the other rules) and you will be fine... I use smoothwall as a firewall, and behind a managed switch beyond that. Just secure your network well...

Here's the source I use for offline updates for win7 and 8.1 machines...

Last edited:

I can see you never did any sort of IT for any business, let alone worked as an admin... You do realize most atm's still run WinXP, and most cash registers WinXP or 2k. I think you need to learn more about the world around you and what runs what OS. Bet the gas pumps you use, if they have a screen, run Win XP embedded as well.

Crap I was at McD's last friday for that 2 dollar big mac deal, and the ordering screen was crashed to Win2k desktop...

I use Windows 7 for everything pretty much - and I'm still receiving updates once a month. It's on the internet all day every day, no issues.
The only problems I've had are hardware ones, but I still have a few spare machines, so swapouts are possible. All this balony about W7 being abandoned and insecure and whatnot is only because you let it happen. Be proactive.

I still run W7 on a Ryzen gamer. I have SP1 installed and all of the update features are permanently turned off due to to that fact the MS doesn't like W7 running a modern Ryzen PC. I don't need any updates and only the Nvidia 1080 driver gets an update once in a while.

There's a project called Wufuc that fixes the "unsupported hardware" crap MS did for Windows Update.

I used this back when I had to deploy some new Dell AIOs that had 7th gen Intel Core i5s, right around when MS first pushed out the update to break Windows 7 on newer hardware.

I don't use Windows 7 for internet anymore, but in the past my current Win7 system has experienced strange bugs like text glitches when I open notepad.

Plus, my CPU is AMD Bulldozer based, so it is sluggish for the first minute or two once the desktop loads - even on a clean install when I used to use Firefox and Avast antivirus. There are a couple of Windows updates to patch my CPU though, but I haven't tried them yet. I read online that the CPU patches don't help much.

I don't experience this level of bugs on other systems I used in the past which also had Win7 SP1 with no extra updates. So I'm hoping a large set of chronological updates will fix my problems.

The reason that Bulldozer CPUs suck is because of the "Cluster Multi-Thread" architecture. Each "module" has two integer units and one shared floating point unit. The FPU is "supposed" to be strong enough to feed both integer units, but in reality, it is anything but. If you have two resource heavy threads within the same module, you can expect performance degradation up to 50% since both threads have to share module resources. This can get worse if either or both threads need to make use of the FPU.

The "fix" that was released as a patch later in Windows 7's lifetime was to rewrite the thread dispatcher so it would keep resource intensive threads on different modules, and backfill the second thread with background or low resource usage threads to not degrade the performance of the first thread. All subsequent versions of Windows and Linux would have this behavior by default. Vista and XP never had their thread dispatchers fixed, so they remained with performance issues on Bulldozer CPUs.

I don't remember which patch changed the thread dispatcher behavior, but you'll be able to see it in resource monitor. If you have an 8000 series Bulldozer, you should see CPU 1, 3, 5 and 7 take the heavy loads, while 2, 4, 6 and 8 are backfilled with lower resource loads. It's easier to see on Linux using TOP in bash.

Providing you have SP1 installed it should run okay. Make sure your BIOS is updated and supports the CPU. Also, run a RAM check and while you're at it, ensure that all of the system drivers are loaded - use Device Manager for that. Most of what MS has to offer are just security updates and if you're not online you won't miss anything.
Are "updates" and "hotfixes" two different things? If so I only want the ones released for solving hardware bugs.

Are "updates" and "hotfixes" two different things? If so I only want the ones released for solving hardware bugs.
Sort of. A "hotfix" is quickly slapped together to deal one specific problem on specific set of hardware with minimal testing. The hotfix may have unwanted negative effects, especially if installed on a different system than the target. Some hotfixes, after getting cleaned up, are included in later updates. Whenever possible, download the fix incorporated in an update and search for a later hotfix only if a problem occurs.

Back