• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Where does one find replacement switches for KAYPRO keyboards?

VERAULT

Veteran Member
I would like to replace some worn switches on my kaypro keyboards (models II and 4) I have replaced similar switches on macintosh and Apple II keyboards but cant seem to find the right ones to fit my kaypro keyboards.
Does anyone know of a source for these switches? See photokpkb.jpg

I don't know why this post never showed up under "new posts" Are all posts being moderated prior to being listed for everyone now?

Last edited:
Hello Vereault. I happen to have a dead Kaypro Keyboard module. Drop me a line if your interested and still need it.

John A

I use a different method to remove the broken piece of plastic in the cap. Take a small screwdriver with a flat blade (dollar store type) and heat it to white hot. Carefully press the hot blade into the broken piece, reheat if it doesn't seem to go in far. Let it cool and then with any luck remove the broken piece.
I'm sure the procedure came from here so I'm not claiming it as mine.
critical that the blade doesn't move as it cools

So its not keycaps I am looking for. ITs actual key switches. Much like an old apple II, each key goes to its own switch and some of mine are bad.

I had some success removing a broken post from a keycap on an original macintosh keyboard. I very fine drill bit on a rotary tool saved the day,.

So its not keycaps I am looking for. ITs actual key switches. Much like an old apple II, each key goes to its own switch and some of mine are bad.

I had some success removing a broken post from a keycap on an original macintosh keyboard. I very fine drill bit on a rotary tool saved the day,.

Yes, check the link I provided in my previous post, which is for the actual key switches.

Back