• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Which 8bit Card You Will Recommend ?

nesan

Experienced Member
Despite of cost I have a choice of some 8 bit ISA Disk controller card To buy. My need is:
System: 8088
Should be able to run Hard disk and CDROM.
1) ADP50-------IDE
2) ADP50L------SCSI
3) TMC850M
4) TMC850MER
5) TMC-850IBM
6) TMC-850MCD
7) TMC-850MEX
8 ) NEC T128
Like stable operation some 200-300Mb HD enough
I am appreciate your help to assist me.
Thank you

Despite of cost I have a choice of some 8 bit ISA Disk controller card To buy. My need is:
1) ADP50-------IDE
2) ADP50L------SCSI
3) TMC850M
4) TMC850MER
5) TMC-850IBM
6) TMC-850MCD
7) TMC-850MEX
8 ) NEC T128
Thank you

Currently, there is few (if not none) conbtrollers able to do CD-ROM reads for 8088 systems, at least if you got an IDE CD-ROM.

If you are able to wait, I would recomend the XT-IDE board some of the members on this forum are working on. We do plan to add ATAPI (CD-ROM) support, but it will take a lot of time and will then problably be a feature avalible through a firmware update long time after the card itself is released.

But else, I would recomend a SCSI card since most of the IDE ones are way overpriced (seriously, they're not worth $200).

1) ADP50-------IDE
2) ADP50L------SCSI
3) TMC850M
4) TMC850MER
5) TMC-850IBM
6) TMC-850MCD
7) TMC-850MEX
8 ) NEC T128
Thank you

My 8-bit SCSI TMC-840 worked with a 1/2 Gig HD
and 32x Plextor SCSI CDROM

Currently, there is few (if not none) conbtrollers able to do CD-ROM reads for 8088 systems, at least if you got an IDE CD-ROM.

If you are able to wait, I would recomend the XT-IDE board some of the members on this forum are working on. We do plan to add ATAPI (CD-ROM) support, but it will take a lot of time and will then problably be a feature avalible through a firmware update long time after the card itself is released.

But else, I would recomend a SCSI card since most of the IDE ones are way overpriced (seriously, they're not worth $200).

Definitely I will buy at least one from him. It should be encouraged such kind of effort more over it is going to have more feature. I will add my request on this project. No matter How long to wait.:welcome:

Dose it work with IBM and Clone too?

It was inside an IBM PC 5150.

It also worked inside an IBM Luggable 5155.

I can give you the exact models of each part, the card, the drive, the cd-rom if you want.

It was inside an IBM PC 5150.

It also worked inside an IBM Luggable 5155.

I can give you the exact models of each part, the card, the drive, the cd-rom if you want.

Yes please. Do you have the BIOS Dump of this Card as well. In case If I receive my card without bios it may be helpful to have one. Did you ever try this card in with IBM colon PC?
Thank you
:)

Yes please. Do you have the BIOS Dump of this Card as well. In case If I receive my card without bios it may be helpful to have one. Did you ever try this card in with IBM colon PC?
Thank you
:)

The IBM 5150 has a VGA Card, the 5155 has a IBM CGA Card.

Back