• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

win 3.0 and software for it - questions ? What good software ws relised for it...

Sandisk78

Experienced Member
Hi ! Saw a boxed Win 3.0 at friends place, they also have retrocomputer collection. Wondered what were really good software, programs written for it, not for 3.1 as for example Word 6.0 is fine tool but runs only on 3.1, not 3.0 ... I ask that cos I want to instal Win 3.0 on one of my 286 machines as it looks a bit more oldschool and also I want it to be for expos where I show old computers to modern people - a PC with Win 3.0)

P.S. By the way installed win 2.0/286 on one 286 and it seems really poor(

Word for Windows and Excel of course..., Aldus PageMaker was another staple..., other than than mostly Solitaire :)

Google winworldpc for "windows 3.0 application" or "3.0 binary". Most applications that are compatible with 3.0 have been noted, although not in a consistent manner. There were many 3.0 compatible applications.

There were a set of update DLLs that 3.0 programs could include so they could use some new Windows 3.1 features under 3.0 such as common dialogs. The easiest way to get all of these DLLs and more is to install Microsoft Visual Basic 3.0, which also runs well under Windows 3.0.

Hi sorry slightly off topic but is anyone here running Corel draw 1 or 2? I found an old 3.5 floppy in the attic today and its got some old .cdr artwork on it from 1994 made on a windows 3pc and early corel draw circa 1994- from an old small record label of mine. I managed to extract the file using badcopy and a usb drive but can't find anything to open it on as corel draw is not backwards compatable - can anyon hel please?

Back