• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Windows 98 on a Pentium 4 tweener.

As others have mentioned, most of the issues with trying to run Windows 9x on newer PCs comes down to chipset and motherboard compatibility.

And network stack. The P4S800D-X I tried first had Windows 98 SE completely crash and burn once a network driver was installed, any network driver. It would never boot again, even in safe mode.

My Win98SE runs on a 500MHz Celeron (Compaq computer), it has full network access, and I installed Firefox the other day and was able to browse various sites. There's a shared folder so that my Windows for Workgroups machines can connect for file transfers.

The purpose of the machine is to support various (mostly DOS-based) games from the 1990s.

My Win98SE runs on a 500MHz Celeron (Compaq computer), it has full network access, and I installed Firefox the other day and was able to browse various sites. There's a shared folder so that my Windows for Workgroups machines can connect for file transfers.

The purpose of the machine is to support various (mostly DOS-based) games from the 1990s.
Question: What version Firefox?

Back