• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Windows "Premiere Edition" on 4 5.25 inch Floppies

OPs labels have been written on in pen at some point
That's what I meant by different; This isn't the same OP trying to tease us again.

Alias, would you care to share any known history about the disks you have? Such as where did you obtain them?

That's what I meant by different; This isn't the same OP trying to tease us again.

Alias, would you care to share any known history about the disks you have? Such as where did you obtain them?

I worked as an intern at Microsoft in the summer of 1985 when the premiere edition shipped (just like in Tandy Trower's story) and have had them ever since. I installed them on my old IBM PC/XT the other day and they work great. I don't have a way to dump them yet but I ordered the stuff I need and will do it when I get it. Maybe in a few weeks? BTW, I posted this on Facebook because I thought it was funny that people didn't believe that this version exists and got a lot of responses, some from other Microsoft people who were there. One even posted an image of his set of disks along with a picture of a box? You can find that here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...0090517603103.300713.620418102&type=1&theater

Hope this helps.

That is a wonderful story! Please keep us in mind if/when you get the disk images created also!

Wesley

Now, Disk Images of Windows 1.0 PE is leaked by Alias. Thanks to Alias for great contribution.

Also Windows 1.01 / 1.03 / 1.04 was dumped and leaked correctly.

Leaked sounds so dramatic. At least that shut up a lot of folk up. Cheers Alias for sharing.

What other versions of MS GUIs/OSs are folk still after.

I guess I could assume it's at vetusware.. probably.
I'll look someday when I'm not on my phone?
b0861eba2031d59564a6d5e14e252c26_handling-grandchildrens-worst-habits-580x326_featuredImage.jpg

It will be interesting if any of the software archeologists takes a look and finds the bugs that got removed late in the development cycle.

Back