• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

WinXP (or any) drivers for PCMCIA OLYMPUS PC CARD ADAPTER CA1 from Cisco router?

GearTechWolf

Experienced Member
This is an oddball flash-media PCMCIA adapter that I salvaged from inside an old Cisco router, holds a 5V 4MB Viking Components VM216T5-CS03-2 memory card.
Anybody know how to read it? I've yet to try it under Linux, via loading a Linux-cd into my old WinXP laptop. (The flash-card is also identified as MEM1700-4MFC?)
Weird interface on the flash-card, as seen in the image. The PCMCIA card has some kind of rubber-strip with conductive layers in it that press against the contacts.

Attachments

• MEM1700-4MFC.jpg
    MEM1700-4MFC.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 9
I've had success reading PCMCIA cards in Windows XP by using a generic flash driver already included in XP but your mileage may vary.

I've had success reading PCMCIA cards in Windows XP by using a generic flash driver already included in XP but your mileage may vary.
I'll have to give that a try after I try it under Linux, thanks! Only issue is that isn't a straight PCMCIA flash-card, but a flash-card in an adaptor.

Alas, none of the flash-card drivers worked, all came up with a 'This device cannot start' error. (code 10, I think?)
I'll have to dig up a bootable Linux CD and try that at some point.

Which drivers did you try, if you remember?
The category was 'PCMCIA and Flash memory devices', the drivers were from Centennial Technologies, Generic, Hitachi Maxell, M-Systems Flash Disc Pioneers (DiskOnChip 2000 and PCMCIA Flash Card), and Sieko Epson.
All of them were just listed as 'PCMCIA Flash Card' drivers, aside from the M-Systems one. I tried them all.
Only other possibly-related category was 'PCMCIA Adapters', which doesn't really fit.

Back