• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

WireWrapping a Z-80 Board

Marty

Veteran Member
Hi All;
I have started to WitreWrap a Z-80 Board, Based on the Board by John and Andrew.. I have added some things like a selectable Clock jumper..
I have just started, so it will be awhile before I can report any noticeable progress.. It also will have Bar Led's for Address and Data in and Data Out, to help as I progress..
Its on a Miniscribe WireWrap Board that is 7" tall instead of the Traditional 5" tall, and the IC's are Vertical instead of Horizontal, because of Power Buss Bars on the Back of the Board..
I plan on using this with the ZFDC Floppy Disk Control Card that I already have, which Is a Great Board for a Floppy Controller..

THANK YOU Marty

Good luck with that, and look forward to hearing how it goes. In my small experience wire-wrap can be very demanding of time and patience, plus easy to make a mistake. Hope you have good test procedures in place!

Rick

Hi All;
Thank You Rick, for your response.. I have the Address lines to the Address Led Bars and I have checked them out and they are OK.. I have started to work on the Data Led's.. And will check them out as I make progress..

THANK YOU Marty

Hi All;
I have the Data Out tied to the Data Out Led's.. They have their own Drivers that will be tied in Parallel to the Real Data in or Data Out Drivers.. And it is showing what I have in an Eprom..
Next is the Data In lines, and after that Both of the Data In and Data Out lines need to be connected to the Buss..
At present nothing is controlling these lines, as the various Enables are just temporarily tied to ground, just to make things work.. But, as things get wired, they will be controlled by the appropriate signals..

THANK YOU Marty

Back