• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

wordprocessor for Epson Hx-20?

Please let me know if you find anything.

The thread on the other forum attached the BIN dump for 3 roms, these were 3 @ 16k roms, which is s mystery as the roms in the HX should be 8k. The FORTH one I have is 8K. But I understand from the thread that the contents of the roms are intended to replace the usual RAM.

According to the notes, SkiWrite should be in the first ROM, the first half of it. So, it SHOULD be in the first half of the attached rom image, although I cannot see any give-away text there. The other two rom's contain clear text that suggests that these are NOT a word-processor. If I get around to it, I'll have to try some disassembly of the 6302 code, and see what seems to be happening. maybe you'd like to see if you can see anything?

The code may not be raw assembly, it might even be encoded BASIC (tokenised) or a mix. Might be worth LOADING it? When progs are received in the little modules (in place of the m/c drive) they are on the ROM in this form, I believe, and are, in effect, LOADED into normal RAM. I have the ECALC one of those. Just out of interest, I tried to SAVE the active prog, but it would not LOAD back.

When I get around to trying a disassembly, things may be clearer.

Hope the attached is some interest.

Geoff

Attachments

• ROM_A.ZIP
    10.4 KB · Views: 4
Argh, the Mame thing was a TOSHIBA HX-20 emulator, that's an MSX computer.

Hi, Its my first post.. I've read about missing BANNER tool.. I was not able to find it so I've code it from scratch on my "new" Epson HX-20.. Its just 33 lines long.. could be even more compressed.. But its working.. Its based on code sample published in Epson HX-20 Basic Reference Manual.
1. Enter Text (not too long, it will then print for years..) 2. Choose Density (dark or Grey pixels) 3. Prepare Printer... 4. It will print text vericaly and magnified...
Enjoy... And feel free to comment or even improve the code.. (lot of opportunities there)
Merry Xmas.

Attachments

• BANNER.BAS.zip
    955 bytes · Views: 2
Back