• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Working AT&T PC6300

Sharkonwheels

Veteran Member
In So Florida. Seems to already have the 1.43 BIOS, 20MB drive of some sort, with AT&T dos 3.30.
Monitor and Keyboard also included, system is actually in pretty nice shape! There's various floppies and stuff like an "enhanced video board" in box, with another board inside.

Everything works fine, screen looks good, no strange noises.

Dunno what these are worth - ideas?
Keep in mind shipping on this heavy beast...

Wow. Where are you in south fl? I live in the venice area. I would love to have one of these machines.

Broward, in Pembroke Pines.
It's sorta' spoken for, but for someone local I can probably talk him out of it, and maybe offer him something else instead. It's not REALLY up his alley...
Shipping this monstrosity will not be cheap! There's also a 2nd parts unit w/keyboard, but no 2nd monitor, plus a mainboard.

He's good with someone local getting it.
It's in So Florida, Pembroke Pines to be exact, near I75 and Pines Blvd.
Included is one complete nice-shape system, barely any yellowing, with 5.25" fdd and what looks to be a 20MB HDD, with AT&T Dos 3.3 loaded.
ROM POST shows 640kb RAM installed, and the later BIOS already installed. System, kb, and monitor.
There's also a box labelled "enhanced graphics adapter" with 2 boards inside, a baggie with jumpers, an interconnect ribbon cable, manual, and 5.25" driver disks.
Also a factory service manual, and 2nd chassis for parts unit (no drives) with 2nd (slightly yellowed) keyboard, as well as a loose mainboard.

$200 local pickup for the whole kibble, and there's also some diskettes here and there, and if ya want some XT mainboards, heck, you can take them too if you like! :)

Pics of the nice working system - Tostitos NOT included... :)

IMG_3308.jpgIMG_3309.jpgIMG_3310.jpgIMG_3311.jpg

Note to anyone picking this up (I wish I could!), the "enhanced graphics adapter" might be the Display Enhancement Board, a piece of nearly unobtainium that gives the 6300 extra -- and still proprietary, unfortunately -- graphics, text, and graphics+text capabilities. I've been looking for one for many years without success, so whoever gets this might get a nice surprise.

To the OP: Does that box or loose boards say "DEB" or "Display Enhancement Board" anywhere on it?

T, lemme get ya some pics of the box/board/manual when I get home.
Manual says "Display Enhancement Board" and there's a cable inside, like SCSI width/contact count, but only about 4" long, ie, to interconnect two boards, like voodoo2 boards SLI'd back in the 90s...

I'll get pics up tonight.

OK - here's pics. Definitely says "Display Enhancement Board." Hard to see much, or take a REALLY good picture of the board, as it's still, get this, *SEALED* in the antistatic bag.
Board layout matches the drawings in the manual to identify jumper locations. Maybe I should just eBay the board, and sell the computer?

IMG_3341.jpgIMG_3342.jpgIMG_3343.jpgIMG_3344.jpg

mine was a dual floppy standard display board, and I added a 8 bit radio shack sound bastard to it, and it was a damn fine monochrome XT machine, so fine if I could grab it from you I would but I live in TN and shipping those things is a bear

back to the point, if someone wanted a sealed enhancement board for their 6300 I bet its worth selling as a separate piece

OK - here's pics. Definitely says "Display Enhancement Board." Hard to see much, or take a REALLY good picture of the board, as it's still, get this, *SEALED* in the antistatic bag.
Board layout matches the drawings in the manual to identify jumper locations. Maybe I should just eBay the board, and sell the computer?

I don't want to fool you into doing something -- I'm not a dishonest collector or a poacher or anything. But, if you were to separate the DEB (with all manuals, disk, ribbon cable, ie. the stuff in your photos) apart from the 6300, I would be interesting in buying the DEB. Please send me a PM if you're going to do this as I would like the opportunity to work something out before it hits ebay.

Back