• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Wow. $5k for an Apple II.

It would be more... MUCH MUCH MORE! :D
That made me smile. YES!!! I WILL SELL IT FOR $10,000!!!! JUST YOU WATCH. I'll say Steve Jobs signed it :3
Steve-Jobs-and-Steve-Wozniak.jpg

Jobs: "Hey Woz, keep on making these things; soon some day they can be sold for 5K a piece! WE'RE MAKING GOLD BABY, just don't apply too much retrobrite"

Have you seen the prices for iMac G3s? They're pretty high too (I like how it's listed as "vintage", if that's vintage, then some of the computers I have are ancient):
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vintage-IMAC-G3-Blue-Works-w-Keyboard-Mouse-Software-/190510113854?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5b49a43e
Although that looks like a revision A (vastly different from the later ones). I've always wanted a revision A iMac, but I'm NOT spending $200. Pffff... perhaps if the thing was refitted with a high quality trinitron tube.

Recycled goods is selling typical iMacs for the usual over-blown prices (sigh.... and then no one buys them, and they rip apart those old computers and either sell the parts or trash it):
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Apple-M5521-500MHz-iMac-PowerPC-G3-/190602636628?pt=Apple_Desktops&hash=item2c60cd6d54
My school threw out like fifty of those exact models. I never took any, although I did pull out some of the higher capacity 256 SDRAM sticks. Wish they were 512 ones (of which I only have three).

If you want to make money, you have to keep your eye on all aspects of the market.

In this case, i'm sure the recent price fluxuations coincides with a Blu-Ray release of the "LOST" television series. What with Dharma-Apple computers, or some similary public driven crusade to resurrect Steve Jobs soul from the one computer he spilled blood in. Oh, THAT $2000 apple II?? :D

Recently I came across a huge estate sale, featuring all sorts of peripheral cards, modems, A.E. peripherals, accelerators, memory boards, Mountain Hardware / Mountain Computer stuff.. Just an enormous amount. It's all the stuff I dreamed about having when I was a toddler and barely out of diapers. I'm still up in arms whether to sell it all or integrate it into my modest collection. Sadly there's no plain II in there. But several II+, units which could experience a price spike in maybe 10 years.

I do the Apple 2 series "thing" because it was my first computer (aside from the TRS Pocket Computer 1), And I still have 90% of the stuff I had when I was a baby. I'm still undecided if I'm going to sell the whole shebang or build a complete collection

So I'm open to suggestions as to what to hunt down and collect.
I'm also trying to determine the value and worth of all this stuff, especially for insurance purposes and sales.

As a side note. Anyone know the rarity of the //e platinum edition? Did they make a lot of these? Don't worry, I'm not going to post it on ePay with and $899.95 price tag.

As a side note. Anyone know the rarity of the //e platinum edition? Did they make a lot of these? Don't worry, I'm not going to post it on ePay with and $899.95 price tag.
... only if it's still under factory seal in original box (one on fleaBay went for about $600 or $800 recently.) Otherwise, not much. Those started showing up in mid 80s and continued until the production ceased in early 90s. I would venture to say that they're probably the most numerous of the IIe variants (most went to schools.)

The //e Platinum's were really common, I got probably 25 of them here.. All working. The IIe's were a really common system.. I know from the amount ive moved in the last month.

Back