• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: 8-bit Clock Card for use in a Tandy 1000TX

wdatkinson

Experienced Member
Looking for an 8-bit clock card that I can throw in my 1000TX to avoid having to type the date/time every boot. I have't seen one of them in years and hoping I might get lucky here.

Looking for an 8-bit clock card that I can throw in my 1000TX to avoid having to type the date/time every boot. I have't seen one of them in years and hoping I might get lucky here.

You might want to look at the ROMs in your TX. If one looks a little higher than the other, you might have a ROM Clock. It was a popular add-on for early computers and my TX has one.

You'd pull out one of the ROMs, plug this device into the socket and then plug the ROM back into the socket that the clock was built into.

All you'd need would be the right software to drive it and it's around.

If you don't have the ROM clock, check around for an old "no slot clock". They were pretty popular with the Apple II crowd.

3796427_s1_i1.jpg

Yeah, the only problem is that the battery is buried underneath the DS1216, so it's pretty difficult to get to when it runs down.

Still, it can't be that difficult to find "naked" DS1216s; it should be possible to work up a "clone" of a NSC if interest were great enough.

I have this Tandy Mouse/Clock board. Might be what you were looking for. If it is PM me for price.

Attachments

• 100_0682.jpg
    100_0682.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1
Back